Dream of Pixels, now on Android

Started by caffeine, October 18, 2013, 07:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caffeine

This is one of my favorite Tetris interpretations. Very fresh and very playable. The puzzle mode is getting pretty interesting as I go, too. What do you guys think? Let's see if an HDer can top the leaderboard.

Integration

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzEwLzE3Lzg4L2RyZWFtLmJkZjJhLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/1860dd3c/5af/dream.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzEwLzE3Lzg4L2RyZWFtLmJkZjJhLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/1860dd3c/5af/dream.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

How does the leaderboard looks like? I don't have access to it.

Yeah, the game is very nice to watch and listen to. Though I wonder, why it must be 3D. I can live with an 8 column wide matrix, but what really turns me off is 0 previews in combination with bag randomizer (first 7 pieces are mutually different, the same goes for the next 7 pieces and so on). I am very bad in memorizing things, and that's what you've to do to know which pieces will appear. IMO games should present you all important informations.

About score tactics: There's a combo multiplier. For example if you do a Single-Single-Tetris combo, your Tetris yields 3 times as many points as usual. However, even a Single-Tetris combo is hard to achieve because of 0 previews. To survive as long as possible you must cut off an isle. Each time the isle is moved upwards (line clear), the stack stops rising for a short moment. I got 290 lines with that tactic.

The puzzle mode has some nice pixel art. I am half through it. Puzzles were pretty easy so far. Looks like you have to pay to unlock the other 3 modes.

caffeine

Interesting. I thought perhaps it was 0 preview so that they could always give you a piece that is clearable. I have yet to get into a situation where I couldn't find a placement. However, if it's bag, then there there may be situations that are impossible to continue.

MarioThePhenom

first run through, i believe that's the second spot?
nvm got the top spot gg
EDIT: just realized android and apple have sperate leaderboards, whats the apple highscore?

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

Integration

Meanwhile, I have completed the puzzle mode. The apple was the only puzzle I had problems with. The last 5 puzzles were much easier.

Quote from: caffeineInteresting. I thought perhaps it was 0 preview so that they could always give you a piece that is clearable. I have yet to get into a situation where I couldn't find a placement. However, if it's bag, then there there may be situations that are impossible to continue.
You're right. It's only bag randomizer, if the game finds a spot for the missing pieces. I tried to make some islands and the game just gave me L, J and I pieces. Situation looked similar to this:

[fumen]110@qbH3hbH3hbH3hbH3hbH3hbH3hbH3hbA3jbC3jbA3sb?A3ibA3gbA3gbA3gbB3nbA37cA4G[/fumen]
O, S and Z pieces didn't fit through the holes. The game didn't give me T pieces, although there was a T shaped island. So it must pay attention to the main stack only during the piece generation. Perhaps you can even trick it to hand out I pieces only.