hi

Started by cobr_Evolution, September 08, 2013, 04:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobr_Evolution

hello. my name's rob.

i use the tag cobr_evolution on tetrisfriends. i recently took first from greggle for nj marathon and i'm taking my sweet time getting these last 14k or so tokens for lvl 5 speeds so i can try to get higher than #10 in sprint.

i play kinda weird, with only my right hand, using wsad, shift and space. 2 is used rarely for the other rotate.

i've had the desire to play arena the past day or so, but it appears to be down or undergoing maintenance or something. every time i load the page and i click filters or quick play, nothing happens.

that being said, i'm curious as to how tournaments work and whether i should even attempt to play in one. i experience delay sometimes (i'll hard drop and nothing will happen, but my next piece will come out rotated...which i fixed by turning off the rotate before generation...still, strange) and slight lag and it makes me irritated, but i guess that's all part of playing online.

anyway, sup.

ohitsstef

:O how do you play with your right hand using wsad?

hi ~

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

cobr_Evolution

index finger resting on A and hitting shift when necessary (left and hold respectively), middle for W and S, ring for D, pinky for space. i have melted the letters on the keys from resting on them

ohitsstef

hi
Quote from: cobr_Evolution
index finger resting on A and hitting shift when necessary (left and hold respectively), middle for W and S, ring for D, pinky for space. i have melted the letters on the keys from resting on them

. __ .
can i see a pic of this placement
it sounds interesting

do you play cs

cobr_Evolution

http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Cobrevolu...2880f2.mp4.html

i just did a video instead

and no, i don't play cs. i tried it once and didn't enjoy it :/

FieryLight

Dang!  That's looked really fast and especially for just one hand!  However, you may want to expand on the number of keys you're using b/c triple clockwise rotating a piece is much less efficient than counterclockwise rotating of a piece.  Perhaps map it for your thumb or pinky?  (And yes, I know your pinky already does harddrops, but perhaps you should consider switching that to your thumb as you harddrop pretty much ever piece and the thumb is much stronger/quicker than the pinky...)

Btw, that lag you get when you're playing multiplayer... that's just tf haha.   I think you should try out Nullpomino or Tetris Online Poland sometime =)

cobr_Evolution

i have ccw rotation set for 2, but i only use it when i need to j spin when i'm doing a 4 wide haha. i know it's much more efficient, especially for sprint, but...i'm very stubborn :/

and i'd like to prove to myself that i can get by fine (and by that i mean secure higher records) with my most comfortable hand position, despite its inefficiency

also damn. why must it lag

Extruderx

Welcome to HD!
Quote from: FieryLight
Dang!  That's looked really fast and especially for just one hand!
I'm very impressed with it myself. I'm looking for more videos!

Barneey

hi
Quote from: cobr_Evolution
i have ccw rotation set for 2, but i only use it when i need to j spin when i'm doing a 4 wide haha. i know it's much more efficient, especially for sprint, but...i'm very stubborn :/

and i'd like to prove to myself that i can get by fine (and by that i mean secure higher records) with my most comfortable hand position, despite its inefficiency

also damn. why must it lag

Whoa, that's really cool, never seen someone use only one hand before. Although I find it surprising that playing with one hand is the most comfortable for you, I just imagine it puts a lot of strain on it over a long period.
I know parts of my hands get sore after playing too much.

Edit: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showt...4704&hl=lag

cobr_Evolution

i've only ever recorded one video, as can be seen here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVanhG83UgY

but it's kind of bleh and doesn't really showcase my skill level i guess, it was just something nifty that happened haha. i just never thought to record anything...

also, i don't play anywhere near as much as i used to because i am now done with college haha. after about three hours i'll start to feel a little twinge but nothing really hurts that much.

is your link meant to help reduce the lag? i'll give that a shot, thanks!

ohitsstef

oh wow that's really cool! lol
i was trying to figure out how you'd play wsad with just your right hand and then shizi suggested that you probably played cs bc cs players play with those controls.