Interview with Shuey

Started by ohitsstef, May 23, 2012, 08:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shuey

Quote from: StS
Well... I love seeing you build patterns, but the ghost piece at the end always disturbs me (and in my head I always go "damn, he should have done it without ghost pieces!"). It then occurred to me that you could do it with a ghost piece - I'm assuming it helps during the building - and turn it off when recording. No real reason for my asking, other than that. ^^

Definitely makes sense.  Yep, it does help when building, but yeah, I could still either turn it off afterwards (before I record), or I could modify the replay file to remove the ghost (if I can't do it after creating the replay file ).

I agree though, I wish I would've turned off the ghost long ago, and also wish I would've turned off the stupid faint grid on the play field!

Shuey

Hey guys,

This seemed like a perfect place to post this since it's really just an expansion of who I am and what I'm about.

This may not seem like much to some, but I am SO proud of my son and how far he's come with Tetris in such a short amount of time.  Not only has he not really shown much of an interest in playing the game, he's only played about 40 games since I first started him on Tetris several months ago (September 2011); and most of those games have been me telling him "you have to play a couple games of Tetris today!" (I promise I'm not a bad dad, lol!)

The first time he reached level 10 on Tetris Friends Marathon, he was so excited; and I of course was stoked for him too!

Well, two nights ago, he broke into level 12!  He was so pumped, and my wife and I were thrilled to see him do so well and feel good about it.

What's amazing to me too is that he is often times so hard on himself, thinking that he's "not good" or "not good enough", but I think a lot of that comes from him having seen me play for so many years - he's trying to compare himself with me and it's not even fair for him to do that to himself.  He doesn't see yet what I can see in him, and it makes me so excited knowing how much potential he has!

I know that he's going to be a beast at this game if he keeps playing it, and I can't wait for him to realize it as he continues to grow in his skill and enjoyment of the game.

*proud father (^_^)*

Shuey

Quote from: Integration
I don't know, if StS meant that: You could make a video of your Tetris pattern collection. Some kind of best of. Just screenshots, no building process shown. And there it would be nice to turn off ghost piece - if you still have the replays. Though, very much work for just a video.

How about this? (If you "click to enlarge", be sure to click your magnify button to see it load full size in a separate tab)

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12739555/img/12739555.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12739555/img/12739555.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Integration

Oh that's a large image. Honestly, I like the hearts the most, although those are the simplest ones.

tk198

Zelda and Gangnam Style!

dhuang413

Wow. I really learned a lot from your interview, Shuey. Good job, and may you continue your passion in Tetris!

Shuey

Quote from: dhuang413
Wow. I really learned a lot from your interview, Shuey. Good job, and may you continue your passion in Tetris!

Thank you for the kind words dhuang