speed & levels of marathon in nullpomino

Started by farter, October 15, 2012, 09:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farter

as title said
the levels of EA Tetris (updated version, game modes are: marathon, one touch, galaxy) was obviously extended, not stopping at semi-instant drop with full lock delay any more...
as for my realtime estimating, the drop speed is not fastest in level 15 (i remember there are some formula, well but seems they are not regarding this so seriously, eg. tetrisDS lv15 seems to be very close to 20G, while the refresh rate of iphone/ipad seems to be always lower than 60hz, i can see some frames of falling block).
when reached level 20 and above, the falling animation looks same, one frame on the top (spawning 1 grid lower if not causing collide ), and the next frame it lands.
and... more important thing.. the lock delay decreases when playing above lv20..
but i don't know the detailed data..

so.. will this be worth figuring out, and implementing into updated nullpomino?

EDIT: I got Lv28  but it's still being faster... here

caffeine

That's interesting. At what point does lock delay "max (min?) out"? Do levels stop increasing after some point?

farter

Quote from: caffeine
That's interesting. At what point does lock delay "max (min?) out"? Do levels stop increasing after some point?
i don't know yet..
playing on touch screen is a lot harder.. i reached lv26 (or 27 i don't quite remember) for my best, but the difficulty is still increasing on the last level-up.
i don't have bluetooth keyboard and idk if it'll support keyboard input when connected to...

XaeL

yeah, i reached 26 before i died from it locking a bit too fast and not paying attn.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.