Energy Gamble on Tetris Battle

Started by J_MAC, May 12, 2012, 01:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_MAC

Greetings all! Sorry for my absence in letting everyone in on the latest updates on Tetris Battle.

But here's one i think you guys will like

We are currently running an energy rewards promotion, where each game will cost 10 energy, but win and you'll be rewarded the full 10 energy back. Given the group, i'm willing to be some of you will be able to play all weekend long  

Attached is a more detailed breakdown of the reward system... also found on our forums - http://bit.ly/J0A2Fn

Let us know what you think  The forums is the perfect place to let us know ANY feedback, please don't hold back!

Also, we are working on getting the handicap removed from friend games! That update should be done in the next few weeks.

bigwig

I played the gamble system the last weekend it was running and really liked it. That, combined with triple coins, will really let me afford some of the pricier tuning. These weekends would be great to try and introduce new people to the game, since it's refreshing to see winners rewarded on facebook games.
And since you brought it up, I have to make sure I heard right. There is room-based handicap in arena? maybe based on the number of starts in the bottom right? That would explain why I seem to get unluckier as the rounds go on...

I'm actually not opposed to handicap based on rank considering the big rank gap in any given room some times of the day but it is a bit annoying when it's there when I log on in the middle of the day and play with other players of the same rank.

Paul676

lol looking at some of the feedback, I think you're gonna wanna work on the phrasing of the promo to let users know how it benefits them - i.e. you make it sound like it's only a losing gamble - you win back your energy - if I think I've got this right, then it's actually that if you win, you lose no energy at all that round. Am I correct?
               Tetris Belts!

es2mac

I think those ppl commented there just think that they might lose more than they win, so their energy is actually draining faster than before.  Winning back energy sounds like the right way to describe it, because energy is deducted at the beginning of each match, and added back if you win.

Solid garbage handicap in 2P due to rank difference will be removed?  That sounds like really good news, my feeling is that most people don't like it (Especially since combo stackers are probably the majority now).  Is it just gone, or is it being replaced by something else?

Paul676

lol there's accurate, and there's corporate spin...and this definitely needs spin!
               Tetris Belts!

bigwig

Quote from: Paul676
lol there's accurate, and there's corporate spin...and this definitely needs spin!
Just when you think you know all the rotations...

Paradox

A better idea would be to take out energy completely but sure.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: Paradox
A better idea would be to take out energy completely but sure.

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

caffeine

Quote from: Paul676
lol looking at some of the feedback, I think you're gonna wanna work on the phrasing of the promo to let users know how it benefits them - i.e. you make it sound like it's only a losing gamble - you win back your energy - if I think I've got this right, then it's actually that if you win, you lose no energy at all that round. Am I correct?
I know right. When I play blackjack, I put down $10 on the table. If I lose, I end up with $0. If I win, I go home with $20. This would be like putting $10 up, winning, and making a profit of $0. It's not really a "gamble."

StS

^That. I played it for a bit, and it feels like a scam, even when I win.
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

toppingoutivan

I like the last part of this post, about handicaps being removed.
The campaign name is win some, lose none - but it totally feels like win none, lose all XD