Countering ST Stacking?

Started by egeboy099, December 14, 2011, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

egeboy099

any methods ? im playing tetris battle at facebook...

i find hardly to defeat some st stacker...

i think there is a way to counter it.

Barneey

ST Stacking as a setup in multiplayer is very vulnerable, rewarded with high APM.
If you play against the replay of someone doing it, it won't be as vulnerable because even if you do attack and KO when it's vulnerable it will just keep building and consistently sending TSDs and Tetrises. I'm not sure how you would counter it but when you're playing against a replay you have the advantage, try to spike when he's building. Maybe try combo if you haven't already!

Ravendarksky

Just wait it out until he is high and then send lots of garbage at once. You will get 2KOs for each of his one usually.

With a good garbage send at the right time you can easily score 5KOs with 5 attacks

Alexsweden

4 wide owns everything but besides that as Barneey said, try to time your attacks

fishcake

Or you can troll him by performing this perfect clear trick:

I'm not sure if it still works though. Other than that, like the others have mentioned, time your attacks, or use 4 wide. Or pray for him to misdrop.  

Chopin

You'll have a really hard time beating a good ST stacking replay. Even if you can time your attacks, for the most part whatever output you do squeeze out usually won't be enough to get 5 lucky KOs to win the game. I've seen some of those replays hit 200+ lines. You can't always have a perfect game, but those replays are high scores if I'm not mistaken.

I doubt that any comboer or speed player with high APM can beat a pro ST stacker. For example if you were to play Flamewheel's ST stacking game, I really believe there's no way to win. 3+ PPS all back to back stack attack godliness. In garbage games it's much easier, but here with only solid garbage, there's not much lenience for extremely high and consistent APM.

Paul676

If he stacks high, you can kill him in 5 lines. If you stack low, it takes 15 of his lines to kill you. That's the way to do it
               Tetris Belts!

XaeL

Quote from: fishcake
Or you can troll him by performing this perfect clear trick:

I'm not sure if it still works though. Other than that, like the others have mentioned, time your attacks, or use 4 wide. Or pray for him to misdrop.  

Btw that trick is from XeaL 2 years ago. Just claiming credit.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

JKK2014

The answer is to 4 wide with side stacking.  All good ST stackers stack mid high so that they don't have to soft drop as long.  What you'll want to do is take advantage of this and KO him 5 times.  The way I do it, the first 6 combos KO him once, the 7th and 8th and 9th ko him again, the 10th and 11th KO him again, and then 12th and 13th again, and so on.  Usually you'll 4 wide twice though.

Alternatively, you could play with bombs.