This is a TKI-3

Started by Paul676, January 02, 2012, 07:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul676

[fumen]110@7eVReI+jB3cBcgBTfBKVBtCdliBejBLdBMhBvVB6eB?NAdFgBWiBhdBsgBKQBN7cFbBAAA[/fumen]

Other things are add-ons to the TKI-3, or variations on a TKI-3. But please don't call your improvised low quick t-spin setup/opener a 'TKI' or 'TKI-3' if it isn't a TKI/TKI-3 setup. The only other thing which is a TKI-3 is a mirror of this setup with Ls swapped for Js and Ss swapped for Zs, or on the right as you see the fumen, switching of Is, Js, Os and Ls, which do not alter the basic t-spin shape for all three t-spins.

For new players: Please don't be embarrassed that you may not have come across this - the HD wiki page for this is notoriously crummy and assumes prior knowledge of the basic TKI-3 setup, which is glanced over in 3 images. This is an incredibly useful setup to learn off by heart because it is the setup with the best ability to improvise upon, it has a huge attack per line rate and is very easy to continue on, as the wiki article on it shows.

EDIT: I have just edited the wiki article so that it shows the basic TKI-3, at last. Thanks Aaron for editing my edit for reader-friendliness.
               Tetris Belts!

coolmaninsano

The Wiki article was standardized/fumenized by Paul and myself tonight.

EDIT: lol nvm didn't read Paul's edit. I apologize with KITTENS!

Alexsweden

haha, thanks for the info, Always thought the TKI was just the first T-spin

Perplexity

Thank you very much!  The TKI-3 is currently my favourite opener
<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 85px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:85px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

Barneey

Question!
If the opening sequence allows the first T-spin, will the other 2 always work?

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Barneey
Question!
If the opening sequence allows the first T-spin, will the other 2 always work?
If you get O and L before J in the second bag, I'm not sure how you'd be able to get the J in the place it needs to be with only one hold slot. There are a couple of other awkward piece sequences too, especially if you get the T at the start of the bag because it removes the ability to use hold.

Mostly though, if you're playing a game with 7-bag it should work most of the time, and it doesn't give you a bad stack if you need to abort out.

ZeroT

Im fine with calling just the first tspin in this setup a 'TKI' opening. The 3 signifies this specific group of 3 tspins following the initial 'TKI' starter.

Noteworthy is the the nice TST bonus if you complete this properly.
☠ ZeroT

caffeine

How did you come to that conclusion exactly? I just checked TKI's website, but I couldn't find the page where the term "TKI-3" was originally coined.

In any case, here's a page that goes over the three basic types of this opening: http://tetrisbabel.net/wiki/%E9%96%8B%E5%B9%95TSD

coolmaninsano

You're referring to this one caff?

myndzi

Hay guys I just thought I should rant about us not needing any more tetris lingo ok thanks

I don't honestly care what people say as long as I can understand it

caffeine

Quote from: coolmaninsano
You're referring to this one caff?

Iunno. When I think about that opening, I think of the three possible variations which come from putting a Z/S over an I-tetromino (that is flat down the middle). You can't just use that particular one every time. You have to be flexible according to the order of the first bag. All three variations are necessary for success.

Paul676

to ZT: I always recognised the TKI-3 as the first t-spin+the next 2 in that technique/style, making a total of 3 t-spins, rather than +the next 3 making a total of 4.

To Caff: To make the 2 next ones from the other 2 bags, how do you do it in that technique? Otherwise it's just a TKI (without the 3) setup, I guess.
               Tetris Belts!