Tetris on Dreamhack?

Started by Alexsweden, April 18, 2011, 05:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexsweden

Hello, a few days ago I sent an email asking dreamhack summer if they had any plans of having and tetris tournament and or an showmatch. I also argued some of why it might be an good idea and that I could come with more information about it.

Today I got an answer where they basicly said that they did not have any current plans but they seemed interested and asked how a tournament would work and what hardware was needed for it to be serious. And they ended with "tell [us] more".

I have already answered with some information but I told them I would post here and ask there are any guys from here already planing to go to DH and how many are interested.

Also, what do you think is important for a Tetris tournament to work out?
What price money would make you travell there for example? (dont forget its the biggest LAN on earth so you will get more than just a tetris competition for the money)

Shizi

sc2 at this past dh was a huge success! best run tournament i've seen so far, really looking forward to dh summer

that said, tetris at dh is pretty unlikely..

Paul676

I'd come if it were in the summer, but not during the 2012 London Olympics, for obvious reasons.

Hardware-wise, as long as the computers, keyboards and connection are good, I see no problem - and given this is a massive place, I'm sure that will be no problem.

In terms of prize money, I honestly don't mind, because I'm not gonna get any, given that this will pretty much for certain be on a t-spins game, most probably tetris friends  - however to get tetris on the map, it should be a respectable amount of cash.

The most important thing would be advertisement and getting tetris as a team sport out there.
               Tetris Belts!

Alexsweden

Quote from: Shizi
sc2 at this past dh was a huge success! best run tournament i've seen so far, really looking forward to dh summer

that said, tetris at dh is pretty unlikely..

dh has loads of tounraments so if we are a bunch of fast players they could do a at least a small one just for show right? Esp. if they know that some good players will come. I mean if Lapsi would come there to play I would think they would want to at least have a showmatch or something as he is a swede.

Quote from: Paul676
I'd come if it were in the summer, but not during the 2012 London Olympics, for obvious reasons.
It is during the summer, or u mean it not during your summer break or something?
Its 2011 so I dont get what olympics in 2012 got to do with this years dh

Hopefully if they do this and if we play well this will be great advertisment!

Paul676

If this summer's dreamhack isn't already fully organised, then this year would be grea and most likely I'd come. If you can get it for this summer, I'd be very excited to come

If it has to be done next summer, then please not make it during the 2012 Olympics.
               Tetris Belts!

Alexsweden

Quote from: Paul676
If this summer's dreamhack isn't already fully organised, then this year would be grea and most likely I'd come. If you can get it for this summer, I'd be very excited to come

If it has to be done next summer, then please not make it during the 2012 Olympics.

ahh, no i got the expression that this would be for this year. It such a big event so they can always bring in a smaller tournament somewhere even if they had everything planed.

I have never been to DH but I would love to come now if they would have a turney there

Alexsweden

Is there any other than Paul that is planing to go there, with or without a tetris tourney? Becouse if we are a few we could do something oursleves anyway

I think I would come, and if they would have a turney I will for sure

Also I really do belive some tournament could happen (not main stage stuff but still a tournament) if there seems to be at least a few who are interested since it will put up a good show!

Paul676

I'd only come with a tetris tourney
               Tetris Belts!

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

Alexsweden

nope, my last message ended with "will return when i have more info" so that might be a reason to why he didnt answer for a while  ,  but i did send a message last week so hopefully I will get an answer soon again. Sent another one just now to remind them

If nothing else I will come there and play meet you and any others that might show up  - will see if I bring my computer and stuff or if I only come for a days visit

Rosti_LFC

Would consider going if I was free, but most likely only if there was Tetris. Not helped that it's in a really inaccessible place as far as flights go. Stockholm or Malmö would be far easier to get to.

Plus there's already the Eindhoven TC meet to give me enough social LAN Tetris this summer.

Alexsweden

i got an answer now - we will not arrange a tetris tournament this year. I guess I have to hope for next year then

Paul676

bug them for next year!
               Tetris Belts!

NoManual

aww too bad, a tetris turney at dh would possibly get tetris to newer hights!

Maybe even to get a turney on The Gathering could be doable.
40L = 28.71
My Blog

NoManual

just found this under the schedule for DH2011.

http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw11/about/schedule/

11:00    TOURNAMENT: Tetris
40L = 28.71
My Blog