Do You Do This?

Started by Mort432, June 13, 2011, 06:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mort432

I wanted to know if anyone else does this.

I start up a game of Tetris and begin playing. Within 20 seconds I've zoned out, and my mind is now in two pieces. One piece is furiously playing Tetris, while the other piece is having a conversation with itself. I'll sit there, barely aware I'm playing and just sit, relax, and think about mundane sh** like what films I recently watched, how my life is going, whether I fancy a piece of toast. All the while, I'm playing a good game of Tetris.

While this is very relaxing and I come out of this strange trance yawning like I just hibernated, I then realise that due to the mental shutdown I stopped fu**ing blinking. My eyes begin to stream like rivers, and I now cannot stop yawning and crying, with bright bloodshot eyes.

Oh, and the twitches. Yeah, occasionally, a muscle or two will twitch in my body for a few seconds then subside.

What does this all culminate in?

A tetris stoner walking around with panda eyes, bloodshot, tearstreaked, square eyes with a spaced out zombie stare, who can't stop yawning and twitching.

I love tetris.  

Paul676

Yeah I do exactly the same as you - however because I'm really competitive about dumb sh**, I long ago trained myself not to need to blink, so that I could always win staring contests - meaning that although I don't blink during tetris, I am ok
               Tetris Belts!

Mort432

Quote from: Paul676
Yeah I do exactly the same as you - however because I'm really competitive about dumb sh**, I long ago trained myself not to need to blink, so that I could always win staring contests - meaning that although I don't blink during tetris, I am ok

Hah, mine wasn't really trained; it just happens. Well, I'm off to bed now; been practicing since god knows when and it's now 2:48. Sleep tight all.

Paradox

not blinking is really bad for your eyes
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

ManOfMiracles

I think about life and girls while playing tetris.. i never really concentrate on playing it or anything since i dont play seriously. I remember when i used to be serious and stuff, though.
but whatevs
MiracleMan

Anonymous

this is me while playing tetris.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

Mort432

Pretty much the same for me; just utterly not there.

And yes, it's horrible for my eyes.

mobuco

i think zoning out is pretty much standard operating procedure....at least i am over tetris dreams. i used to have them but after playing insane amounts they stopped.

sonicx15

Same for me too!

And some of us play at insane speed,so blinking would delay us,so some people don't blink for that reason i think...

And sometimes, when i ''wake up'' from my tetris trance,i'm sometimes like ''wow 40 matches played alreaddy''

So yeah,i think its pretty normal lol

NoManual

The less I consentrate the better I play it seems for some strange reason. And the more I consentrate the more I MD and slow down, pretety wierd acctually, glad I'm not the only one. Also same as MOM stated, thinking about girls and life in general.

''I almost feel dead''

Thats when I play my best games.
40L = 28.71
My Blog