The New Year's Challenge

Started by oceanhighway, January 02, 2011, 12:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oceanhighway

I suck, I'm slow and stuff and have terrible technique, so I figured I'd see if I'm actually able to become good at this game.  Now I'm roughly 40 APM on TOJ in only 1v1 games, but I want to challenge myself to actually become a top player.

So, January 1st = 40 APM
January 19th = 45 APM

Plans for future:

Feb 8th = 50 APM
March 1st = 55 APM
April 1st = 60 APM
May 1st = 65 APM
June 1st = 70 APM
July 1st = No plan
August 1st = 75 APM

So do you think this is possible?  I'm gonna do it, you heard it here first.  75 APM by the beginning of August on TOJ in only 1v1 games.  I'm gonna update at the end of each month.  The real goal is the 75 APM, the rest are just guidelines.

Maybe someone else wants to try the same kind of challenge?  I dont think there's many 75 APM players out there on TOJ now, so it'd be quite the accomplishment.  The Race to 75 APM

ManOfMiracles

I'll give you 8 rubies if you can accomplish this.
MiracleMan

larrytetris

Quote from: oceanhighway
So, January 1st = 40 APM
Feb 1st = 45 APM
March 1st = 50 APM
April 1st = 100 APM
May 1st = 60 APM
June 1st = 65 APM
July 1st = 70 APM
August 1st = 75 APM

Check your April numbers
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

oceanhighway

Quote from: ManOfMiracles
I'll give you 8 rubies if you can accomplish this.

dont worry you already gave me 30 rubies that one time I played you in arena challenge

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

larrytetris

No way, but 55-60 APM seems very possible (and is itself quite respectable). Good luck
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

mippo

What's your LPM now? You probably need to increase your LPM as well...

Shizi

crzy242

"april - 100apm" yeah keep dreaming
its not impossible to reach 60/65 apm, but going to 70/75 apm from that in a month is extremely hard. its like trying to break 40l records.
and i also hope youre goal is to average those numbers, and not just make a one time fluke.
☠  crzy242

Ravendarksky

coolmaninsano

On April Fool's Day Mr_TSpin will do a four-wide, achieving 100 APM.

crzy242

Quote from: coolmaninsano
On April Fool's Day Mr_TSpin will do a four-wide, achieving 100 APM.
hes too sh**
☠  crzy242

EnFuego

Sometimes APM is a skewed statistic though. You might be better in august and play against better opponents and have slow APM. Or you can just not downstack and only send lines, which will increase your APM but not allow you to win matches

oceanhighway

I'm now fairly certain I'm at least 45 APM, so updated with a slightly modified plan.

Paul676

wait wait wait we need evidence. pictures or it didn't happen. What you should do is make a new account for each new goal. Then at the end of the month give us a screenshot of that account's graph to see if you're making your targets.
               Tetris Belts!