Semi-Pro Tetris.

Started by Nicka16, May 05, 2011, 06:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul676

Quote from: XaeL
When they said rank limit they meant minimum not maximum.

lol xael you know full well they meant minimum  (rtfp)
               Tetris Belts!

Nicka16

When they said rank limit they meant minimum not maximum.

Also, i am a rank 10 Tetris friends player, may i please join? I will post my account details later, i don't play tetris so often so maybe i will make a new account.

I actually did mean level ten maximum. This is meant for people who aren't quite "there" yet. People like myself. I really wanted to participate in a tournament but I would get destroyed given that I could even qualify. I figured I wasn't alone. I have four out of eight people in (I know them). No one on this list accept for Xael and nakaji are in. So as a total we have five of eight spots filled.

Paradox

I don't even get how you could be 7 or below, must of my friends that I convince to play get to rank 12 in a week lol.

not judging though.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Pikiwedia

Quote from: Nicka16
No one on this list accept for Xael and nakaji are in.

Xaelll lolol
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

jemm_4

I want to join. What game is this going to be on?
Nvm -_- This isn't semi-pro. I think this is like semi-semi-pro...
"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

XaeL

Sorry i'm pulling out of the tournament because

I think that I
might not be able to

Accurately make

The
right
opportunistically correct
lengths of times for the tournament.
lol.

props to anyone who understands my posts

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

mippo

Sorry i'm pulling out of the tournament because

I think that I
might not be able to

Accurately make

The
right
opportunistically correct
lengths of times for the tournament.
lol.

props to anyone who understands my posts

awww, i was expecting the first letters of each sentence to turn into a rickroll

coolmaninsano

dkorn725

is rank 14 ok?
Drew- Sprint-45.11; 2.2616 PPS

Paradox

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

dispo_io

[hide]a[/hide]

kevincentius

Well that's why TF is popular; because they serve the newbies as well as the good players.

Shouldn't we be appreciating new Tetris players too? Oh, anyway I think you meant the name is wrong. Well this should not be called 'semi pro' tourney too.

and to let you know that I don't fulfill the maximum rank criteria for this tournament as well  

It seems like most players with rank 10 or lower will prefer playing on TFA immediately rather than participating in a tournament~ from my experience in another game, most of the noobs register to the tourney then some of them say they don't have time and the others even disappear just like that. I remember correctly only one of the noobs (he's called TheLF2Master yah) played the matches in the tourney..

I like the idea of the 'semi-pro' tourney, anyway. My idea is to classify players to 2/3/more groups according to their score in the previous tournament (or to their 40L lines or TF arena rank for the first round). We can use a rating system to arrange the next rounds. I ever made a program to arrange the matches using rating system, but the problem is that I can't make it to prevent matches between the same players to be repeated in the next round.