Tournament Help / Request

Started by tempfelix, December 11, 2010, 08:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopin

I think your best bet would be to just leave yourself signed in on Tetris Friends so that when the time comes, if your opponent isn't seen to have logged in (and you are), you should be able to proceed. If neither player is logged on at the time of the match, I think you both will be dropped because no confirmation of schedule change had been made - which is pretty much the same as her not agreeing to a schedule change - meaning the first time will still apply. It's a requirement that your opponent knows before hand and agrees to the change beforehand, yes I know it's a bit unreasonable ):

tempfelix

I'm not saying it should be her loss if she can play today but didn't respond; I'm saying I should still be allowed to continue in the tournament if she doesn't show up at all.

If she does show up, and doesn't agree to a reschedule, I agree that it is my loss. But if she does agree to the reschedule, that should be allowed even though it wasn't decided beforehand.  I'll sign in to TF, but I think I have to leave by 3:15 (PST), and my computer will probably automatically log itself off by then.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Paradox
What I am saying Rosti is if she doesn't want to reschedule its not her fault. She was given a schedule ahead of time to prepare for. Of course you can consider that as mean if she didn't want to but she shouldn't be expected to be considerate for him not being able to do it.
I consider there to be a pretty large difference between openly saying you don't want to reschedule the time, and ignoring messages or pretending you can't see them just to avoid the possibility.

XaeL

Quote from: ohitsstef
too bad it's not double eliminations  
-shakes fist-
jk that'd take forever to finish
no, double elim doesnt take any longer to finish.

Its just bullshit when both players get eliminated.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Paradox

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
I consider there to be a pretty large difference between openly saying you don't want to reschedule the time, and ignoring messages or pretending you can't see them just to avoid the possibility.

Yeah I agree. Even if it is mean though that doesn't mean she should be forced to reschedule or forfeit. It is only fair to stick to the scheduled time if that is what she wants to do, even if she makes no indication that she will end up being there. This is all hypothetical speak though, we don't know her situation.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

tempfelix

With the match an hour away (and with me right about to leave), she still hasn't logged on to TF.  I'm kind of assuming since she hasn't been on since last sunday, she won't show up to the match.  If when I log on later tonight; if she hasn't shown up, do you guys think I can submit a 15-0 win report? If she doesn't show, there won't be any conflicting scores, so I will still be able to continue in the tournament.

XaeL

Quote from: tempfelix
With the match an hour away (and with me right about to leave), she still hasn't logged on to TF.  I'm kind of assuming since she hasn't been on since last sunday, she won't show up to the match.  If when I log on later tonight; if she hasn't shown up, do you guys think I can submit a 15-0 win report? If she doesn't show, there won't be any conflicting scores, so I will still be able to continue in the tournament.
you shoulda kept quiet, dum dum dum

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

chopin

Just leave your TF open. If neither of you are logged on then you will probably both be eliminated o.o

iphys

We were supposed to have a choice of 2 out of 3 nights.  How come our second round matches got automatically scheduled with no choice?

Blink

Quote from: iphys
We were supposed to have a choice of 2 out of 3 nights.  How come our second round matches got automatically scheduled with no choice?

Hi iphys, the schedule for the rest of the rounds is on the tourney page now.  With less players, I chose to schedule times which would make streaming/commentating more convenient as well as had some people who could only show up on one day.  Keep note of future rounds, which will not be the typical Friday-Sunday to avoid Christmas and New Years where people tend to go on vacation.  

Towards the end matches will be played on a single day, so plan accordingly.

Rosti_LFC

Towards the end can matches not be made a bit more flexible? Would suck to get to the quarter-finals and then lose because you can't make your match time.

virulent

Quote from: coolmaninsano
He was on briefly last night, but I haven't seen him on TF in forever. D:
i meant his tto match [/color]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Blink

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Towards the end can matches not be made a bit more flexible? Would suck to get to the quarter-finals and then lose because you can't make your match time.

What do you have in mind to make it more flexible?  I was thinking playoffs might be a problem all on a single day, all 16 players would have to be available at that time.

tempfelix, since you really did try hard to reschedule the match - if she doesn't show up and doesn't say anything I'll move you to the next round.  If she shows up though, you're going to be out.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Blink
What do you have in mind to make it more flexible?  I was thinking playoffs might be a problem all on a single day, all 16 players would have to be available at that time.
I dunno about a simple solution, but I'd imagine that if there's only 16 people, and if they're all people who are regularly online (which will probably be the case at that stage) then it shouldn't be hard to stretch the schedule out a little and have the option of spreading the games out across a few days. People should be able to work out their matches individually.

Paradox

I like Rosti's idea to spread it out. It is more interesting that way too because it builds up anticipation. The top 16 definitely should be streamed though so as much as possible their schedules should be worked out ahead of time.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]