Multiplayer Online Tetris Games?

Started by Integration, October 09, 2010, 07:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Integration

@jujube
Thank you for this tip. Autohotkey is a much more powerful tool than that I have used. But it is more complicated, too. With it I could get Blockboxgame.com via Sleep command to execute more than one move. But this (Sleep command) didn't work with Tetris Friends and Tetris Japan Online. I think you have to simulate holding a key.

@Someone2knoe
I don't consider a double rotate as cheating. I think many Tetris games offer this option. What I do, has a little bit more to do with cheating. So you could get Tetris Friends to perform a double rotate? How did you do this? Which program did you use?

Edit: I used the search function and found that thread.

Someone2knoe

Yes autohotkey is awesome. It is very powerful and pretty simple. If only I had something like it for linux ;(.

You can make custom DAS with autohotkey if you are good at it. And you can make macros for each type of movement.

jujube

yeah Linux doesn't really have anything like autohotkey. there's xmodmap if you just want to remap your keys. xmacro is cumbersome and it may not properly send keystrokes to some applications. i haven't tried running autohotkey in Wine because i assumed there would be some lag, but it's possible it would be ok.

XaeL

whats ur forty lines time good sir? With keyblox i can hit 41 or 42 on a good day.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

DrPete

Quote from: Someone2knoe
Yes autohotkey is awesome. It is very powerful and pretty simple. If only I had something like it for linux ;(.
You can make custom DAS with autohotkey if you are good at it. And you can make macros for each type of movement.

Quote from: jujube
yeah Linux doesn't really have anything like autohotkey. there's xmodmap if you just want to remap your keys. xmacro is cumbersome and it may not properly send keystrokes to some applications. i haven't tried running autohotkey in Wine because i assumed there would be some lag, but it's possible it would be ok.

you guys may want to take a look at xbindkeys, in conjunction with xdotool you can remap keys to other keys. I used to use it in conjunction with an OCR package to autoplay maths nightmare on neopets, lol.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"] My Tetris Friends profile [url=http://kingo

Integration

About Tetris Friends and Tetris Online Japan: Using Autohotkey is no alternative, because you have to simulate the key being hold down. I can make a coffee while Autohotkey is moving the block to the side and puts it down.

Quote from: XaeL
whats ur forty lines time good sir? With keyblox i can hit 41 or 42 on a good day.
I don't know, who you mean. But when you meant me:
I have never played 40 lines mode. But according to my Multris Score (10 minutes match, where you have to do many tetrises to score high), I must do around 1.9 pieces per second, which means a time about 52.6 seconds.

Caithness

I gave Multris a quick try, and as far as I can tell there is no interaction between the players. That seems more like simultaneous single-player than multiplayer to me.

Integration

Quote from: Caithness
I gave Multris a quick try, and as far as I can tell there is no interaction between the players. That seems more like simultaneous single-player than multiplayer to me.
About Multris:
1. In comparison to other tetris clones, the blocks have different colours and come out differently rotated. So it is difficult to get used to Multris ( or get used to other tetris clones, when you are used to Multris )
2. A normal Multris match lasts 10 minutes. There are nice (without bombing) and mean rooms (with bombing). The winner is the one, who has the most points at the end. If you reach the top, you loose a quarter of your points.
3. You can decide, who you will send the bombs to. There is a key to send the bombs to the leader. Good Multis players consider it as an obligation to use this key.
4. Mean rooms:
In a 1vs1 match a player will dominate his opponent when he is 25% faster. When there are more than 2 players, you often notice the effect of 'Negation': e.g. there are 3 players in a room. The best player is 60% faster than the other two. When the best player is leading, he will be bombed by the other 2 players. So he can't get away of them. Which means: only the last 2 minutes are decisive. You won't win, when you reach the top and there are less than a half minute to play.
5. What normally happens in mean rooms:
If you open a mean room, you will often be the first 5 minutes alone ( or the whole match ). When a guest joins and you both stay alone, it is probable that he will dominate you or you will dominate him. The chance, that other players will join, raises with the number of players in the room. So when there joins a third player it is probable that there will be a fourth player. So usually this will end up in Negation. When the game has ended, some players will left, as they don't want to wait 6 minutes for the next decisive phase.

The main problem of mean games is that they take too long. You can create 5 minutes private matches and play a 1vs1 or a team match. But nowadays you will have problems to find other members for that. Many left because of havoc and Tetris Friends. I think, there are more in Winter and Summer school vacances, but that is an exception. I heard, that 2 years ago there were about 20 to 30 participants in the tourneys - nowadays there are about 5, most of them are very bad Multris players (Spogg has other games).

But I like highscoring in nice games. It needs much endurance. There is a useful key, with which you can push down a block under another block. Many other games don't offer that. I like that Multris is fast. There are no redundant animations.