hi

Started by PuertoRican, September 15, 2010, 01:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SecretSalamander

hi
I have never, EVER heard the term "acceleration" used before, I think you are talking about auto repeat.

Do you mean when you HOLD left or right and the piece will move automatically after a certain period of time? Because not only does blockbox have it, but it's faster than every single official tetris game (including Tetris Zone) since you can set the delay to whatever you want, AND choose whether the piece "slides" in either direction or warps instantly to either the left or the right side.

TF has it too but it's slow and useless unless you unlock faster settings.

Paul676

I think he means by acceleration a zero das. He talked of a slight delay before the piece moves to the left or right. So set DAS to zero in advanced options, and that delay should be gone.
               Tetris Belts!

PuertoRican

Quote from: Paul676
I think he means by acceleration a zero das. He talked of a slight delay before the piece moves to the left or right. So set DAS to zero in advanced options, and that delay should be gone.

I think DAS is it.
I played a few games after messing around with the setting, the pieces move better, but I'm also used to Tetris Zone's feel, so there isn't a perfect setting to make it feel the same. It ends up being too slick or too slow.

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

meow

Record tetris zone at 60fps and find out what DAS and AR it uses, then use those settings in appropriate game. Or just stick to tetris zone.