Attempting to achieve the maximum score in Master mode of Tetris Party Deluxe.

Started by Imperatore_Magia, October 08, 2010, 12:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperatore_Magia

So, the other day I finally began playing my copy of Tetris Party Deluxe.  After trying every other mode, Master mode caught my attention.  
A compulsion to reach the maximum score has been nagging at me, as achieving such a task took only three sittings on Tetris DS.
Now, the top score in this game is ten times as high, so chances are it may take close to a month, or possibly longer, provided I pace myself. Been taking it at a leisurely pace thus far.

Although, this may be more difficult for me to achieve, as infinite rotation has been removed.  I generally only rotate, slide, or otherwise move a piece around three or four times, but in Tetris DS for the last 2000 or so points necessary to reach the exact maximum, rotating a single piece was my chosen method.

I can not do that here, so calculating all of my movements for the final million or so points will be of great importance.  That is, if this game has the old glitch where the score will not be saved if it exceeds the maximum by even one point?

Has anyone else been attempting this?  Seeing as the game has been out for several months it is a distinct possibility, I'd imagine.

Does anyone know if the high score glitch still occurs?  Searching around has yielded no information in this regard.

I'd prefer to challenge myself with this rather than just spamming Tetris after Tetris as I did in the last game.  Considering, nineteen hours to reach the top is nothing grand.  
Now, achieving 999,999,999 points may not be achievable in less than between 180 and 200 hours, as becoming complacent is liable to happen if I rush myself.

Should I have some goals to improve setting up combos and the like?  So far, setting up multiple T-Spin Doubles and combos has been fairly simple, but performing back-to-back Tetrises is what I fall back into, especially if I'm watching Midsomer Murders at the same time.
Setting up T-Spin Triples at this speed seems almost impossible at this speed, at least for me, at this point.  Tried earlier and just ended up making a bunch of garbage lines.

Beastin_Shen

<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 80px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:80px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

EnFuego

Comboing slows your down your scoring. Keep back to back as much as possible. Spins are pretty easy ways to make points because the block is dropped all the way down at the start you don't waste time on slow dropping.

I don't know if you need to hit the max score exactly like in TDS but, your score will only count for the leaderboard if you start at level 1.

Imperatore_Magia

I made certain to start at level one.   It only takes a few minutes to get to the highest level, anyway, so there wouldn't be much point in starting on a higher level in an endless game.  
I did some comboing out of boredom, but generally back-to-back Tetrises is what I aim for, and the occasional T-Spin, if necessary or feasible.

On TDS staring at level 20 was a habit, because it saved the scores regardless.  However, since Tetris Party for the Wii came out last year, I've gotten used to starting on the lowest level.

Thanks, Beastin_Shen.  I anticipate it'll take around 190 hours, give or take.   I'll let you guys know when I reach the final digit.  

It won't be a problem if I revive this thread in a month, or two, or however long it takes to attain my goal, once I have managed it will it?

EnFuego

Make sure you harddrop each piece to lock it in place it will speed up play greatly.

Quote from: Imperatore_Magia
It won't be a problem if I revive this thread in a month, or two, or however long it takes to reach my goal, once I have reached it will it?

There isn't any rules against it, so probably not.

jujube

Quote from: Imperatore_Magia
Although, this may be more difficult for me to achieve, as infinite rotation has been removed.  I generally only rotate, slide, or otherwise move a piece around three or four times, but in Tetris DS for the last 2000 or so points necessary to reach the exact maximum, rotating a single piece was my chosen method.

I can not do that here, so calculating all of my movements for the final million or so points will be of great importance.  That is, if this game has the old glitch where the score will not be saved if it exceeds the maximum by even one point?
i would definitely take a picture just before maxing the score, if that's possible. i really hope you don't get screwed by a glitch at the end

NoManual

hehe indeed, 999.999.999 pts is alot lol  your doing it in master mode right? not normal marathon?
40L = 28.71
My Blog

Imperatore_Magia

Quote from: NoManual
hehe indeed, 999.999.999 pts is alot lol  your doing it in master mode right? not normal marathon?

Why would I bother with normal Marathon?  I might go for the max score on that mode after I reach it in Master mode, though.  If I get very bored.

Thanks for the advice, EnFuego.   Some boards enforce rules that aren't actually in existence, so I wasn't certain.  I've been chewed out for reviving threads before.