It's Daniel Crandall!

Started by DanielKCrandall, July 14, 2010, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielKCrandall

Um...  I'm Daniel Crandall.  I'm 18, just finished high school, going to college next year, yada yada yada.  I played tetris on facebook with the tetris friends app for a while casually.  About three weeks ago I got a tetris friends account (also with the name DanielKCrandall).  With default "tuning" I managed a 1:03.86 in sprint.  I just got level 2 DAS and ARP and played a few games to get down to 1:00.38.  I think I'm still relatively far from plateauing.  (I had also been struggling to get past level 15 in Arena and once I got the tuning upgrades I immediately made it up to platinum, but everyone on this forum seems to think that game is BS anyway.)  Anyway, level 2 DAS and ARP still seems slow, and I don't know if I want to wait a couple more months to get all the upgrades I want.  A lot of people here also seem to think that TOJ is the sh**, and that there's somehow an easier way to get high DAS and ARP without spendin money, so I set up an account there.  It was kind of a pain since I don't know Japanese and google translate can be a bit awkward, and I was also a bit perplexed as to why the asked me for my blood type (I guess a lot of Japanese people still believe in that "blood type determines personality pseudoscience, w/e).

...so anyway, I'm about to try and figure out how to play some sort of 40L and multiplayer battle tetris on TOJ and get a full range of "tuning" options (or whatever TOJ calls them) so as to not be at a disadvantage against anyone.  I suppose I'll still eventually unlock everything on TF too.  Yeah...

SecretSalamander

Quote from: DanielKCrandallA lot of people here also seem to think that TOJ is the sh**, and that there's somehow an easier way to get high DAS and ARP without spendin money, so I set up an account there.

you're a few weeks late... TF is superior to TOJ now, and speed upgrades are impossible to get in TOJ without spending money.

DanielKCrandall

Terrific.  Well, seeing as I don't want to spend money I guess I'll just grind away at TF.

SecretSalamander

Then of course there's Nullpomino which is free and far superior to both games, and yet for some reason at any time I log in there's hardly anyone on.

That will change over the next few days by the way, so if you really want to grind... you are missing out.

Noogy

Quote from: SecretSalamander
you're a few weeks late... TF is superior to TOJ now, and speed upgrades are impossible to get in TOJ without spending money.

actually there's another patch now where you can get all the upgrades again for free, but
nullpomino > tf > toj

play nullpomino whenever people are online and play TF whenever they're not

DanielKCrandall

Then of course there's Nullpomino which is free and far superior to both games, and yet for some reason at any time I log in there's hardly anyone on.

That will change over the next few days by the way, so if you really want to grind... you are missing out.

Hm, maybe because it's kind of a pain to install and set up (which is what I'm trying to do right now).  What is going to change, exactly?

meow

HDOIV is on and there will (hopefully) be lots of players on playing matches and practising.

Wojtek

I remember when i wanted to kill few people here just for comparing TF and TOJ, because back then it felt like those games were totally different league. (TOJ was superior to TF in any aspect)

I agree that TF is now somehow superior to TOJ in some aspects, but what is interesting here, it's not because TF moved so much forward, it's mostly because TOJ moved so much backward in last year. Really, this is very sad to me. Year ago TOJ was probably best game around, and they managed to turn it into this crap in that time.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Maii04

First off welcome to HD! secondly TOJ IS THE BEST GAME EVER!! always play it..
c u soon on toj
XD

I_AM_SAND

DAS44

Welcome

Nullpo is superior to TOJ, Maii just hates nullpo for no legitimate reason. Blockbox is another great alternative, especially if you want to get fast! (blockboxgame.com, make an account and go to blockbox of course).

Maii04

Quote from: DAS44
Welcome

Nullpo is superior to TOJ, Maii just hates nullpo for no legitimate reason. Blockbox is another great alternative, especially if you want to get fast! (blockboxgame.com, make an account and go to blockbox of course).

I hate nullpoo(it's :poop:) for a legit reason. I don't like the game play on it. However I still play it.  Blockbox is also a very good game, but toj is superior to it. Toj is the best game in the world. End of story!

Noogy

Quote from: Maii04
I hate toj for a legit reason. I don't like the game play on it. However I still play it.  Blockbox is also a very good game, but toj is superior to it. Toj is the best game in the world. End of story!

DAS44

Quote from: Maii04
I hate toj for a legit reason. I don't like the game play on it. However I still play it.  Blockbox is also a very good game, but toj is superior to it. Toj is the best game in the world. End of story!
wtf??

Nullpo beats toj on so many levels

Maii04

Don't kill for a typo!! I have spelling issues!