Watch Yourself Play

Started by Dakhath, December 14, 2010, 02:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakhath

So, my experience recently with a recording of some of my own games from Tetris Friends got me thinking. I can spot the mistakes I was making, and while I don't know if it'll actually help me very much, I'm hoping that it will.

On that note, if you're playing on TF and you'd like me to record a few of your games, let me know. I don't mind recording and uploading (and/or simply sending you the file).

I'm an admin over at Visionary Tales. Yeah, we're a role playing forum. Yes, this means I'm geekier than you are.

chopin

Cool, thanks Dakhath. That is awesome

DAS44

It is very helpful, I watched my first round match and Nona recorded my second round (a lot to learn from the second one) for me.

Its a good way to learn about your play style

Zontafer

Quote from: Dakhath
So, my experience recently with a recording of some of my own games from Tetris Friends got me thinking. I can spot the mistakes I was making, and while I don't know if it'll actually help me very much, I'm hoping that it will.

On that note, if you're playing on TF and you'd like me to record a few of your games, let me know. I don't mind recording and uploading (and/or simply sending you the file).

How will you record a video for me?  I would like mine to be recorded..
?-Zontafer-?
=?`~/{-[-_>{~Zontafer~}<_-]-}\~`?=
^ The master Siggy Creator

>>~-♫ Someone's got to be the clown who's creating the sound that makes the world go round ♫-~<<

Dakhath

Quote from: Zontafer
How will you record a video for me?  I would like mine to be recorded..

Oh. Right. I knew there was something I was forgetting to share. I use Camstudio along with the Xvid codec (part of a larger pack).  I don't record with sound, which tends to keep the file size down. We're talking 1-2 MB per minute, which isn't bad at all (and it doesn't look too bad, either).

Edit: Also, I find that trying to record and play on the same machine causes lag, which is why I'm offering. Your mileage may vary.

I'm an admin over at Visionary Tales. Yeah, we're a role playing forum. Yes, this means I'm geekier than you are.

XaeL

Quote from: Dakhath
Oh. Right. I knew there was something I was forgetting to share. I use Camstudio along with the Xvid codec (part of a larger pack).  I don't record with sound, which tends to keep the file size down. We're talking 1-2 MB per minute, which isn't bad at all (and it doesn't look too bad, either).

Edit: Also, I find that trying to record and play on the same machine causes lag, which is why I'm offering. Your mileage may vary.
If your recording TF from spectator view, the resolution is very low hence small filesize. I would record FPVOD (though this may lag for some people, but doesnt really for me) so that it is easier to identify mistakes like finesse.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.