T-Spins

Started by Frenzy, October 13, 2009, 10:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenzy

Hi Guys & Gals,

I was hoping someone who knows how to do T-Spins really good or decent does'nt matter, they could help me in TFO. My screen name is HD_Frenzyy  just send me a pm. Thanks!

nismo

If all of what you're saying about a tournament being held on TF is true, I too will need to learn how to tspin well.  You can start by checking out the wiki here Frenzy, there are some pages that will probably help-

http://harddrop.com/wiki/Tspin

&

http://harddrop.com/wiki/T...n_double_triple

Blink

Trying to learn t-spins using the wiki was hard for me, I was more of a video learner.  I learned by watching youtube videos and spectating other players.  If the wiki doesn't seem to be helping you, try videos.

Honestly not trying to brag or anything, but the video on the main page's stream of me vs hebo-MAI has a TON of t-spins in many different situations you can use to help you recognize when you can do them.

EnFuego

When I first started t-spins I had no idea what they were. So I looked up what they were and then I taught myself how to do the most basic of t-spins. After you grasped a basic t-spin, then it is time to goto the wiki and learn a setup or 2. Learn a few setups at a time until you grasp each one and you should be good at t-spinning.

Boingloing

I just learned how to do triples today using the wiki

g u r l g a m e r

azn_papirus

lol, i dont remember how i learned it,
i think i learned on youtube to beat my friends scores on Ultra,
triples are all fun but i felt kind of ripped of wen they only sent 6 lines u.u,
i want 8
What a cloudy day!
No ees not ._.

ZZOmega

T-Spin Triples register as normal triples in TF. Kind of a bummer. T-Spins are very peculiar to me, I've been trying to work on it but right now I'm working on Sprint speed, would T-Spins help 40lines?

m__

Quote from: ZZOmega
T-Spin Triples register as normal triples in TF. Kind of a bummer. T-Spins are very peculiar to me, I've been trying to work on it but right now I'm working on Sprint speed, would T-Spins help 40lines?

you want to do your 40 lines in tetrises (tetri?) to reduce the line clear delay as much as possible.

also, soft dropping t's is slow.   learning t spins will help in TF Live multiplayer as you send more garbage per line clear.

emomissionkid

Quote from: ZZOmega

T-spin triples register on TF live. http://i37.tinypic.com/2nr0bpf.jpg
I just noticed the giant T animation that pops up. o.O
And no, t-spins don't help on 40 lines because it takes a lot of time to softdrop the piece for the spin.

jujube

Quote from: m__
you want to do your 40 lines in tetrises (tetri?) to reduce the line clear delay as much as possible.

also, soft dropping t's is slow.   learning t spins will help in TF Live multiplayer as you send more garbage per line clear.
yeah, you definitely want to make tetri'ses in sprint.

i wish TF would take TOJ's lead and delay incoming garbage until you place a piece that doesn't clear a line. it would make slow things like T-spins and combos a little more effective. the slowness of those attacks would still prevent them from being overpowering to your opponents, but it would give you more of a chance to counter garbage and stay in the game.

m__

Quote from: jujube

going off topic, I actually prefer the line delay in 40 lines compared to something like bb where the pieces just fall as it rewards you or only clearing tetri'ses

not_trig

Quote from: jujube

lol my fastest sprint time is t-spinning XD

iphys

Heh, heh, I had to go watch the replay.  Nice!

m__

Quote from: not_trig
lol my fastest sprint time is t-spinning XD

wowsers, but what happens if you do do it in tetris'