What's your IQ?

Started by hienwa, September 14, 2009, 11:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAl95

I was hesitant in posting this, but why not, lol.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8273/26679586.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8273/26679586.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

caffeine

12.5... but really internet tests don't mean anything. Really, even supervised tests don't mean a whole lot. Outliers talks a lot about IQ, and mentions how this one guy did a study on a bunch of kids with very superior intellects. He followed them as they grew old and found out they were no more statistically likely to be very successful any more than the general population. He also talks about one guy who apparently would have the Guinness world record on IQ if they recorded that. He worked as a bar bouncer most of his life and now is a farmer. The book also says that for 120ers, you're set to do anything you'd like to do. More isn't necessary.

Someone2knoe

This iq test isnt forreal haha.
I used to take it all the time and get random scores from 120-140ish.

I took an official IQ test at school in 1st grade.
I got 168, but don't freak its on a different scale than this one.
I got into honors that way, but soon dropped out hehe coz my teacher called me stupid.

The real IQ test has a lot of shapes and patterns. I remember it

This shape made up most of the test for some reason:

About the guy with the highest IQ, he had bad experiences in school, that is why he is a bouncer.

Ando

Your general IQ score is: 134

i gave up towards the end, cause i was using this to procrastinate on my essay xD
Current Goal: GET KNOWN BY EVERYONE ON HERE

Tetris DS: 162047 665731

Rosti_LFC

IQ tests are sort of bullshit in general, internet ones even more so. There's no standardised IQ test scale, so it makes most of the numbers pretty meaningless.

Mostly I get 140-160 except for the odd one that uses a weird scale and I'll get like 180 or something.

Feynman

I got 146, but am still too dumb (and lazy) to figure out how to post the screenshot.
The test did a pretty decent job for a internet IQ test I think, although some of the questions were ridiculous. Like the one about 3 congruent hexagons overlapping or whatever. Tests like these are totally unreliable when it gets to the extrema of the scores (70- and 130+), but I think they give you a good idea of where you are placed on the IQ scale.
The test probably has a standard deviation of 20 which is relatively standard (mensa uses one with SD 15 where 130 makes u 'genius'). But be aware that a lot of people who like to brag about scoring 160+ on IQ tests have done it with SD of 30+ (Sharron Stone for example).
I'm not at all surprised to see everyone scoring pretty high, I wonder if that is because tetris players on average are smarter or because the lower scores don't post them or lie .

Algrokos

Quote from: Feynman
I got 146, but am still too dumb (and lazy) to figure out how to post the screenshot.
The test did a pretty decent job for a internet IQ test I think, although some of the questions were ridiculous. Like the one about 3 congruent hexagons overlapping or whatever. Tests like these are totally unreliable when it gets to the extrema of the scores (70- and 130+), but I think they give you a good idea of where you are placed on the IQ scale.
The test probably has a standard deviation of 20 which is relatively standard (mensa uses one with SD 15 where 130 makes u 'genius'). But be aware that a lot of people who like to brag about scoring 160+ on IQ tests have done it with SD of 30+ (Sharron Stone for example).
I'm not at all surprised to see everyone scoring pretty high, I wonder if that is because tetris players on average are smarter or because the lower scores don't post them or lie .
i imagine it has to do with the fact that smarter players are drawn to tetris and thinking games not the other way around.
I eat babies.  Yum.

Someone2knoe

I think tetris players are mostly people who like to challenge their minds. People who challenge their minds gain intelligence.

Ghett0

146ish, I got mine from a licensed psychologist.  

DraKKiE

Quote from: jujube
you're talking about Drakkie, or speaking in the 3rd person?

i hope he's not talking about me!!
Xbox Live: dj stanz
AOL Instant Messenger: djstanny