Harry Potter 6 [Spoilers Inside]

Started by EnFuego, July 15, 2009, 01:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnFuego

So what did you think?

*****SPOILERS*******

I do not understand the mass appeal. The story had no plot. The characters seemed dumb. Harry has a magic map that he can use to spy on Draco the whole time, but never snoops on him? Harry runs out in the middle of nowhere against a bunch of people who could easily kill him, twice. There is this magic luck potion that Dumbledore can not use to get the horcrux? Atleast Luna Lovegood was hot...

******SPOILERS*******

kitty

hah....shouldnt u put spoilers in the title.
kitty

river140

I was thinking maybe there should have been a spoiler warning, but really, most people who want to see Harry Potter have already read the books so there shouldn't really be any surprises.

I haven't seen it yet but I want to sooooo bad!

exchliore

I'm not a big fan of this director.  He seemed to capitalize on extending every scene in the movie for as long as possible that he could without making the audience fall asleep. Not a bad thing to do, but it can be when you do it for every scene in a movie.  Also, the lack of a variety of background music to set the mood made it worse.  The movie was very good at being long and emotionless.  Even though the movie is 2.5 hours long, I'm pretty sure it was on average with the number of scenes for a regular movie.  That said, it wasn't completely a bad movie, but be prepared to sit through a long movie.

milkolate

hhhhmm.. i'll still watch it though. i'm currently reading the book. hehehe
Don't think. Drink.
TDS Friend Code - 083048-793361

kitty

Quote from: exchliore
I'm not a big fan of this director.  He seemed to capitalize on extending every scene in the movie for as long as possible that he could without making the audience fall asleep. Not a bad thing to do, but it can be when you do it for every scene in a movie.  Also, the lack of a variety of background music to set the mood made it worse.  The movie was very good at being long and emotionless.  Even though the movie is 2.5 hours long, I'm pretty sure it was on average with the number of scenes for a regular movie.  That said, it wasn't completely a bad movie, but be prepared to sit through a long movie.

finally saw it and yeh it was very long and emotionless. i was excited for the movie last year until they extended the release date...i was bored 15 minutes in =/. i don't know what went wrong with the director on this one..he did fine in the order of the phoenix. i think i'll go read the book.
kitty

nismo

Quote from: kitty
finally saw it and yeh it was very long and emotionless. i was excited for the movie last year until they extended the release date...i was bored 15 minutes in =/. i don't know what went wrong with the director on this one..he did fine in the order of the phoenix. i think i'll go read the book.

Agreed.  I should probably read the book again but then I'll most likely dislike the movie even more :/

exchliore

It's not an easy movie to make.  You have to cram as much plot from the book into the movie but they can't do the entire thing.  So what ends up happening is that they cram just enough plot in so that you cover enough of every plot line but none of it makes sense because they strung together a bunch of scenes that can't really be logically followed.  So all the movie does is be confusing and make no sense.  Except for Snape kills Dumbledore!  RLY? ORLY!

clincher

I just saw it and i didn't like it that much a lot of filling and I didn't like the ending that much either but thats just my opinion
It's all about the love

EnFuego

The movie probably would flow a little better if you were taking it into context as part of a series. If afterwards I watched both of the seventh movies it might have a better flow. But still, there is a lot of boring filler they had to get out of the way. That is a problem with books to movies is that if you miss a few details from the book the scenes following make less sense.