Confirmation of Mystery Player 'Blade'

Started by Corrosive, June 29, 2009, 05:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerguy99

Quote from: exchliore
 Although, I suppose Blockles players just aren't welcome here.
So what ur saying is that a lot of ppl who play here  (in my opinion) (including me) are not welcome. Am i right?
BLADE?
Computerguy99
コンピュータおたく99

Pineapple

Rosti: That's actually quite an in-depth post into why people hate certain games but like others. About the only thing I want to add is this: Tetris is different things to different people...
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...

IanMcFluffigus

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Blockles I have no time for merely because the controls it gives you are stupid (I could write an entire post on why it's bad to use UP to rotate),
0_o, I use UP to rotate. [looks around]
Well, I guess I'll go change my controls.
Baby penguins will eat whatever their parents regurgitate to them.

jujube

one good thing i can say about Blockles is you can always find a game against people at your skill level. that actually goes a long way towards making it a good game i think. i'd still rather play Blockbox though. it's much more refined.

Rosti_LFC

exchliore, I just saw my name being banded around with Blockles hating, and wanted to make my stance clear.

Now for my post on why rotate shouldn't be assigned to the up arrow...

Primarily, for new players, having up is a bad choice for rotate because it heavily implies that there's only one rotation direction, when two is an absolute necessity to get the best speed out of yourself.

Secondly, it hampers speed of input, because the only simultaneous inputs you will ever need will be rotate and shift. Therefore having the same hand both rotate and shift pieces is bad, because you're having one hand make two inputs while your other hand is doing nothing. It's far better to split the responsibilities and have each hand do less work.
Also, your fastest fingers are the first two on each hand (unless you're a freak). Rotate left, rotate right, shift left and shift right are the only buttons that you'll need to press twice in quick succession (ignoring a 180° rotation button). You have four buttons needing fast fingers and four fast fingers, which would logically mean you'd split two of the four buttons to each hand, using your index and middle fingers for each. Meaning having left, right and rotate mapped to left, right and up is bad, because you've got a 3-1 split instead of 2-2.

Quote from: jujube
one good thing i can say about Blockles is you can always find a game against people at your skill level. that actually goes a long way towards making it a good game i think. i'd still rather play Blockbox though. it's much more refined.
Only due to Blockbox being unheard of without a few degrees of separation from TC or being dutch.

Caithness

I just played Blockles for the first time, and it seems like it could be fun if I were able to get used to rotating with up and dropping with the space bar.

Is The Tetris Company seriously trying to get this game shut down, though? It's got a 12-block-wide well, and a tromino and pentomino piece.  That makes it a completely different game in my book.

Blink

Blockles is fun and looks good but I don't like the settings and that you can't change the keys.  that being said, everyones welcome here exchliore, and everyone will have their opinions about games just like i'm sure you dont like every single tetris version out there.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Caithness
I just played Blockles for the first time, and it seems like it could be fun if I were able to get used to rotating with up and dropping with the space bar.

Is The Tetris Company seriously trying to get this game shut down, though? It's got a 12-block-wide well, and a tromino and pentomino piece.  That makes it a completely different game in my book.

That was pretty much my exact first thought when I played it for a while. Not bad, but controls are awful (or at least completely not what I'm used to)and can't be changed. So I stuck to Blockbox because I felt it was just as good and I was more comfortable.

And TTC will try and shut down anything that gets popular and is vaguely based on Tetris. It doesn't matter if they actually have a proper case for lawsuit or not. They've shown more than enough that they're happy to use scare tactics even with no real basis for a case, in the hope that the game gets pulled rather than face lawsuit.

exchliore

Quote from: Blink
Blockles is fun and looks good but I don't like the settings and that you can't change the keys.  that being said, everyones welcome here exchliore, and everyone will have their opinions about games just like i'm sure you dont like every single tetris version out there.

I realize a lot of people dislike Blockles.  But I never mentioned it or even bothered to bring it up.  So far Corrosive has brought this topic up and pointed it in my direction twice.  I assumed it was just Corrosive who wanted to be a jerk, but it seems like many people here have the same sentiments for me.

And even if I don't like some version of tetris, I wouldn't make my own post, target one person, and push it in their face.  People can just say "I don't like Blockles", but reading over these forums, it seems that they are saying a lot more than just that.  If I wanted someone's opinion pushed into my face, I would make a post and put it out there.

But the forum seems to be bringing this to me, and not me to them.  Even though you say that I am welcome, it just doesn't seem like I really am.  And from glancing at the forum, I don't see any large number of Blockles players coming here anytime soon.

Anyway you should lock this thread or bury it somewhere.  I'm not interested in a "OMG YOU SHOULD PLAY BLOCKBOX shoutout" about me to me, mainly because Corrosive just wants to be a douche.

PS.  You're fine Rosti, you made a joke and you are biased towards Blockbox for other reasons.  I never meant to say that you were anti-Blockles.  It's the other many people who seem to be anti-Blockles with their quick 5 word inserts.

jujube

Quote from: exchliore
the forum seems to be bringing this to me, and not me to them.  Even though you say that I am welcome, it just doesn't seem like I really am.  And from glancing at the forum, I don't see any large number of Blockles players coming here anytime soon.

Anyway you should lock this thread or bury it somewhere.  I'm not interested in a "OMG YOU SHOULD PLAY BLOCKBOX shoutout" about me to me
fair enough, closing the thread.