I never made one of these but I guess I should...

Started by isaac180296, August 17, 2010, 07:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isaac180296

Hello there! My name's Isaac and as you can see I've actually been a member for about ten months, but almost never posted for a long time. I never actually got round to doing one of these but I guess it's time!

Well, I'm fourteen and I live in England, where unfortunately there seems to be very little in the way of gaming tournaments, certainly compared to Japan and the USA. I speak English as a first language and like to think I do so capably when I'm not being lazy. I also speak a bit of French and Spanish, and next year I am going to start learning Italian. I take an interest in and am knowledgable in the metagames of the Pokemon series, which has a rich set of gameplay rules underneath its childish external layer, and the Super Smash Bros series. As you can probably guess, I quite like Nintendo although I do play the odd bit of FIFA; I play invariably as the team I support, Blackburn Rovers.

Last year I wanted a game with a high score table. I thought about Arkanoid DS for a while, until I stumbled across a gameplay video of Tetris DS. I did own the original GB game, but had never thought to stack the blocks in such a way as to allow successive Tetrises... It seemed so elegant.

Anyway soon after I tried TF. Long story short I now only play a bit, more as a relaxant than to break my high scores; as such they're all crap. I'd still class it as one of my favourite games though.

Done.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/IsaacMBrown/banner.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/IsaacMBrown/banner.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\"

Noogy

Quote from: isaac180296
I take an interest in and am knowledgable in the metagames of the Pokemon series, which has a rich set of gameplay rules underneath its childish external layer

you and enfuego will be best friends

massi4h

P.O.K.E.MON. I used to play so hardout, now I'll play once in a while if I see something that interests me (like I took an interest to VGC a couple months back, but cbf learning a metagame that shifts every 2 weeks). I <3 SSBM and SSB64 and funnily enough Tetris. Welcome man, even though you've been here for ages lol
☠ massi4h

EnFuego

Yea I only play doubles pokemon. Singles is boring and uncomplicated to me.

Quote from: massi4h
P.O.K.E.MON. I used to play so hardout, now I'll play once in a while if I see something that interests me (like I took an interest to VGC a couple months back, but cbf learning a metagame that shifts every 2 weeks). I <3 SSBM and SSB64 and funnily enough Tetris. Welcome man, even though you've been here for ages lol

massi4h I played verse you in pokemon online and thought your name was familiar. Did you goto any events? The online metagame was a lot different than what actually worked at tournaments.

massi4h

Yeah we did play a few times, I remember now. Unfortunately I live in New Zealand where we have nothing, so I just played a bit of VGC for fun. We get a tournament once a year which is usually badly organised. But it's how I won my DS in 2005 and haven't really won much since then, but haven't really played and last year I won with the same team I've been using for the last 3 years. 1v1 Ubers and it's funny how my team were all advance pokemon.
☠ massi4h

NoManual

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]1v1 Ubers and it's funny how my team were all advance pokemon.[/quote]

Which team? ;D
40L = 28.71
My Blog