misdroppoed blocks - CPU players

Started by holdnext, October 10, 2009, 08:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holdnext

CPU can misdrop blocks at any level, even though better CPU players also misdrop (if items are on). Reasons:
- clearing Back-to-Back Tetris or T-Spins right away after a misdrop before it's too late (opponent send Twist item to CPU). Example: stacking a S or a Z misdrops and later cleared a T-Spin clearing a line or which can be a Back-to-Back T-Spin.
- do as many misdrops (because CPU carries the Swap Playfield), other CPU players can do some misdrops so the CPU that carries the Swap Playfield can make tough choices.

Blink

Not sure what you mean by this, what game are you talking about?

holdnext

Any Tetris Game as of Tetris Friends, CPU at any level can misdrop for a reason:
Items are turned on, avoiding opponent swapping your playfield, clear Tetris or T-Spins as soon as possible before the blocks twist into another location which messes up.

ItsWhatever

I think what Blink meant is that this question does not make any sense.. Well, at least to me it doesn't.
Can you rephrase it and explain what you mean by CPU misdrop?
The only game I've played against a CPU AI is TOJ training and I don't recall any items. But then again, I don't play too many tetris games as my mac doesn't allow me to.

m__

Quote from: ItsWhatever
I don't play too many tetris games as my mac doesn't allow me to.

i've actually got a few.  pm me if your interested

caffeine

My lavender enjoys tops. Khaki dinosaur pockets!

Edit: The weather tanks alphabet.

iphys

I always assumed the CPU just misdrops to make it fairer for humans to play against.

I know Tetris Friends has the swap item.  I never play with items, but wow, that would be really nasty to purposely mess up your play field and then swap it.

jujube

all poker and no tetris makes caffeine go crazy  

caffeine

I was trying to post something equally incomprehensible as holdnext. =/

holdnext

CPU players at any level can fix their misdrops (typically swapped from a player or the other CPU).

mzhang

lol WTF this topic makes no sense to me.

Quote from: caffeine
My lavender enjoys tops. Khaki dinosaur pockets!

Edit: The weather tanks alphabet.

LMFAO

ZZOmega

TetrisFriends uses previously recorded games that are deemed within the skill range based on score/time, they are not CPU's.

Unless you're talking about TF Live or a different version. :x

Pineapple

No... I think ey's got a point here: Most CPU opponents are based on the fact that they never misdrop, they just play slower or faster. Some do go as far as making a higher level opponent play smarter, but not that many.

So... what if a CPU opponent sometimes misdropped?

And... could we eventually have a meaningful "Turing Test" for Tetris AI's?
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...

holdnext

I have seen the room name: "WARNING - switchs nasty", and this room is set to Party Items. Players will enter the room. A player carries the swap playfield item may poorly place Tetriminos and then swap it to your opponent - opponent will get nasty results. The nasty result: lightning bolt on playfield.