Ryan Heise

Started by ryan_heise, July 01, 2009, 06:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan_heise

Hi,

The first time I played Tetris was on an old B&W Mac Classic, and then didn't play after that for the next 20 years. Then, a couple of years ago I was reintroduced to modern Tetris by Caffeine. I'm not very fond of some of the newer additions like "Hold", "Infinite spin", and single-player "T-Spins", and so I tend to prefer the non-Tetris (non-Guideline) alternatives.

Probably my favourite style of gameplay is 20G ARS, and I would like to eventually create some sort of training tool for it.

jujube

great that you're here Ryan.

Blink

Hi Ryan!  still working on tessellate?

Pineapple

Like a smelly fish: Long time no sea...
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...

caffeine

I'm actually using Tessellate as a training tool already (I took a little break the last couple of weeks). I talked to Jujube once about my method. It involves one broad goal divided into three areas of learning. Using a scoring-based index, I can determine which area I need to work on. Each different area can be broken down into about ten mini goals. Each mini goal adds a little more stress along the way until I've increased my standards if only by a little. Then I move to the next worse area, and on and on like that.  It's like climbing stairs one step at a time, getting higher every time. Tessellate's engine makes this very streamlined. I got the idea for this type of training from the book "Flow" by Mihály Csíkszentmihályi.

jujube

Quote from: caffeine
I got the idea for this type of training from the book "Flow" by Mihály Csíkszentmihályi.
30 tokens for whoever can pronounce that name.

TetrisdAiSuki

Good to see you again Ryan. I have the same taste or so it seems. ^^ And I'm looking forwards to the training tool.

Quote from: jujube
30 tokens for whoever can pronounce that name.
[ˈmihaːj ˈtʃiːksɛntmihaːji]

International Phonetic Alphabet ^^
LJ 40 lines 00:44.63 135.77TPM - 100 lines 02:01.95 - 180s 41.700
TGM GM 10:42:66 - 20G GM 10:28:00 - BM S9 - REV S4
TAP Normal 480736 - Master [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?

jujube

Quote from: TetrisdAiSuki
[ˈmihaːj ˈtʃiːksɛntmihaːji]
awesome. login at tetrisfriends.com to get your 30 tokens

clincher

Good to have you here Ryan Heise
I used to speedcube a lot on you emulator
It's all about the love