Hello

Started by meow, June 27, 2009, 04:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow

Hello everyone. It's nice to see old tnet2 faces around here.

I play blockbox now and some texmaster. My aim is to get GM in normal mode but blockbox multiplayer has put this aim on hold. Oh, my nick is awake on blockbox. I'm up for VS most of the time

Blink

hi awake!  GM in normal mode?? good luck, you can do it.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Blink
hi awake!  GM in normal mode?? good luck, you can do it.

Good luck with the Normal mode GM. Shouldn't take you too long with your skill. Marthon 1 on Blockbox is also the same mode.

Or you could do it properly properly and download ZiNc or MAME and do it on TGM1 proper.

jujube

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Good luck with the Normal mode GM. Shouldn't take you too long with your skill. Marthon 1 on Blockbox is also the same mode.

Or you could do it properly properly and download ZiNc or MAME and do it on TGM1 proper.
if someone really wants to play the real thing, it might be in an arcade near them, or they could buy the pcb. it's around on ebay a lot of the time. emulation is way overrated. games like blockbox and texmaster are highly accurate anyway.

TWF

Quote from: jujube
if someone really wants to play the real thing, it might be in an arcade near them, or they could buy the pcb. it's around on ebay a lot of the time. emulation is way overrated. games like blockbox and texmaster are highly accurate anyway.
Ironically, the TGM1 simulation modes in blockbox and texmaster are by far their least accurate modes, compared to their simulations of TAP and Ti. I got a ~12:20 GM in bloxbox marathon 1 before I got a much slower GM at all in the real game. I know KevinDDR also got a fairly fast GM in texmaster before he just barely got GM in the real game.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: TWF
Ironically, the TGM1 simulation modes in blockbox and texmaster are by far their least accurate modes, compared to their simulations of TAP and Ti. I got a ~12:20 GM in bloxbox marathon 1 before I got a much slower GM at all in the real game. I know KevinDDR also got a fairly fast GM in texmaster before he just barely got GM in the real game.

In Blockbox it's down to the fact that you still (IIRC) have three previews, which can make a pretty large difference in speed.

In Texmaster it's at least down to the extra DAS charge you have during ARE. Maybe something else with the timings.

jujube

there's only 1 preview in Blockbox marathon 1. sometimes when you're snooping a game you'll see 3 previews regardless of the mode.

sandibaby

Hi Meow! Glad you're on here & on Blockbox. It's been way too long!