Can i play Tetris in the new NES?

Started by adportas_, December 10, 2018, 06:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adportas_

Hi all!

My question is if i can play the Tetris game in a new NES like this one: https://amzn.to/2SG3RlG

As i've seen in the description that it includes 30 games but none of them is Tetris.

All my life i've been playing on GameBoy / Emulators but i want to start playing in a NES.

Any tip or recomendation? Which one should i buy?

Thanks!  

Okey_Dokey

Tetris isn't included in the 30 games for the NES Classic Mini. There seems to be a hack with which you can install further ROMs on it, however the NES Classic Mini has much more input delay than real hardware (that means you have delayed visual feedback and less time to react). That's at least what I've heard from the guy who won the German qualifiers for the Classic Tetris World Championship and who hadn't played on real hardware before his journey to CTWC. So, I can't recommend NES Classic Mini, even if it's possible.

adportas_

Quote from: Okey_Dokey
Tetris isn't included in the 30 games for the NES Classic Mini. There seems to be a hack with which you can install further ROMs on it, however the NES Classic Mini has much more input delay than real hardware (that means you have delayed visual feedback and less time to react). That's at least what I've heard from the guy who won the German qualifiers for the Classic Tetris World Championship and who hadn't played on real hardware before his journey to CTWC. So, I can't recommend NES Classic Mini, even if it's possible.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Which console and hardware do top Tetris players use, i want to buy the same, also, do i need and old TV? Or the new ones can be used to play with a NES. (I assume i will have to buy and old NES)

Thanks again.

Okey_Dokey

Sorry, I hoped somebody else would reply. I don't own a NES myself. If you live in America, then all what you need is an old CRT TV (dunno which models are good). Things are more difficult in Europe or Australia I suppose. If you have to play on an Emulator (PC or Raspberry Pi), then I recommend RetroArch. RetroArch has a Latency menu with options that can reduce input lag significantly ("Run Ahead" : set to yes and use one frame to run ahead).