Jstris Quickfire #12 polls

Started by Okey_Dokey, December 04, 2017, 01:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to play Sunday ~6 AM CET or Sunday ~3 AM CET?

"Quickfire (7-bag, hold, 5 previews, combos, t-spins)"
4 (44.4%)
"NoCombos (7-bag, hold, 5 previews, no combos, but t-spins)"
1 (11.1%)
"Doryfire (memoryless, hold, 5 previews, combos, t-spins)"
0 (0%)
"Retro (14-bag, no hold, 2 previews, combos, t-spins)"
1 (11.1%)
"Classic (memoryless, no hold, 1 preview, no combos, no t-spins)"
1 (11.1%)
"MPH (memoryless, no hold, 0 previews, no combos, no t-spins)"
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Okey_Dokey

Poll will run until Wednesday (Dec 6th) 11:59 PM PST.

Jstris is a fast-paced customizable multiplayer client. In the past 3 months, I hosted some 90-minute-longish tournaments called Jstris Quickfires (or short JstrisFires), whereas every other tournament was hold on a non-guidelinish ruleset (guideline = 7-bag randomizer, hold feature, many previews, combos, t-spins, ...) This series will be put on hold for a longer period (unless somebody else takes over). So, I planned something special for the last tournament before the break, namely that people have to use 3 different rulesets: You play against an opponent; you use the first ruleset for the first 6 games, then the second ruleset for the next 6 games, and the third ruleset for the last 6 games. All those 18 games are counted together; whoever wins more games, wins the match (draws can also happen theoretically). I expect this tournament to last a bit longer than usual (I expect 2 hours).

In this poll, you can decide which 3 rulesets to use in Quickfire #12. You can choose between the rulesets which were already featured in one of those previous Quickfires (including the guideline-ish ruleset). There's just one overruling from my side: Quickfire #12 must feature at least one ruleset without hold (those rulesets also featured a low amount of previews); or likewise at least one ruleset with hold (but this will happen for sure). So, if 3 rulesets with hold end up being on the top, then I will ignore the third one. The final ranking will be decided by votes for a ruleset in question #1 multiplied by 2 plus votes in question #2 (thus your first selection counts double). Also note that I might make slight changes to a ruleset. One time I thought combos were too strong (memoryless + hold -> weaker combo table) and 2 other times I think matches were too long (in which case I will make garbage even messier or completely disable garbage canceling).

The tournament will happen this weekend (December 9th to 10th). You can decide the time of day. The usual Quickfire time is not up for election this time. Instead, it's a time more preferable for Asian and Australian players. CET stands for Central European time (most of EU). PST stands for Pacific Standard Time (California). JST stands for Japan Standard Time. The time in the poll means when the Quickfire starts. Like said before, I expect the tournament to last for 2 hours.

Okey_Dokey

Poll is over. If you count the votes from questions #1 and #2 together whereas the votes from #1 count double, then you get the following result:

9 Quickfire
1 NoCombos
0 Doryfire
2 Retro
4 Classic
5 MPH

So, in Jstris Quickfire #12 will be played on the following rules: Quickfire, Classic, MPH. Didn't expect a bias towards no hold and less previews (I didn't even vote).

Since Classic and MPH rules are pretty similar and games on those rules tend to be long (and I am too lazy to change that and don't really know how) and since Quickfire had more votes, less games will be played on Classic and MPH. I think something like this: 7 games on Quickfire, 5 games on Classic, 5 games on MPH. (hmm or maybe 6 or 8 games on Quickfire, I actually like when a match can end in a draw).

Also, Sunday 6 AM CET (Saturday 9 PM PST, Sunday 2 PM JST) will be the time slot when Jstris Quickfire #12 begins. Countdown. Small reminder that it will be the last Quickfire for quite a while, so I hope more people can join than usual.