tetris movement on puyo puyo tetris

Started by iljain, December 10, 2017, 04:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iljain

Just got it a week ago

So people use the 2-step finesse on PPT? i 'm not that good on it  and i  was used to keyboard playing with guidelines

i'm using standard A control for tetris

any recommended controller for the game? or the default controls with 2 joycons is enough

i used to skillstop on tetris ds, moving to the 2/9 column with holding till the 2/9 columns, not DAS to the right/leftmost (1/10 column)  on tetris ds with my NDSL

i broke the D-pad 3 times (probably cuz of rough operation)  so i bought 2 D-pads.  i sold it with the 3rd d-pad broken  

actually just the down arrow of d pad not precise enough so i bought one another.

idk if it's because it was parallel importation (made in Korea)

any good d pad controllers or other recommendation?

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: iljain
So people use the 2-step finesse on PPT? i 'm not that good on it  and i  was used to keyboard playing with guidelines
In another thread, somebody said PPT would have DAS = 12 frames (200 ms) and ARR = 2 frames (33ms) [also 6 frames of spawn delay and another delay when garbage is sent; all inputs are ignored during those delays]. So, auto repeat rate (ARR) is pretty fast but you have to hold down a button rather long before a piece begins moving automatically (on PC people are used to DAS = somewhere between 5 and 8 ). This means that triple tapping can be faster than DAS-tap-backs ( = autorepeating to the wall and tapping back which is one of the key moves in 2-step finesse). However, if you can use DAS preservation (DAS charged when a piece spawns; keeping left/right movement pressed while harddropping), then DAS-tap-backs are faster. I expect that this is what the best players really do. Note that DAS preservation is hard to use; you have to think more pieces in advance, you must be able to press up and left/right simultaneously, and your next button presses (finesse) depend on the direction you moved the previous piece. Personally, I feel disadvantaged for using 2-step finesse but I cannot break out of that movement pattern I've learned on PC. So, the slow DAS is one thing I hate about PPT.

Quote from: iljaini'm using standard A control for tetris
Blink uses Table 2 (and got 40.00s in 40L). Should be best because you can move left/right with a button press (instead of D pad), and most players who come from PC should be used to having the movement keys on right hand. (I use Arcade but I also use a weird technique where I cross my hands (right hand for D-pad) and I am only medium fast).

Quote from: iljainany recommended controller for the game?
I think Blink uses the HoriPad controller (Pokkén).

Quote from: iljaini used to skillstop on tetris ds, moving to the 2/9 column with holding till the 2/9 columns, not DAS to the right/leftmost (1/10 column)  on tetris ds with my NDSL
I think auto repeat rate (ARR) is too fast for skill stop. Also, PPT is laggy in a way, that it tries to synchronize/balance active play time for both players (which means that you get some extra delays when internet connection to your opponent is not good). I think this makes it even harder to skill stop because it messes up your timing.

jackh1771