NullpoMino

Started by Caithness, April 06, 2010, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthDuck

I never had any lag problems, but I replaced the jar file and everything on netplay seems perfect. Thanks for working on it!
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

xlro

good to hear.
Sadly for people with severe lag (like meow) the situation didn't seem to improve.
Personally I have the impression that field updates (e.g. as spec) for people with good connections to the server are more responsive (i.e. smoother / more updates per second), especially if you see a fast player stack (like aga).
Might be placebo, definitely did not worsen the situation though - so feel free to test.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

vipjun

Quote from: xlro
good to hear.
Sadly for people with severe lag (like meow) the situation didn't seem to improve.
Personally I have the impression that field updates (e.g. as spec) for people with good connections to the server are more responsive (i.e. smoother / more updates per second), especially if you see a fast player stack (like aga).
Might be placebo, definitely did not worsen the situation though - so feel free to test.

Should we keep connecting to nullpo.it.cx with this patch ?
because i've noticed when i connect to blink or hebo's server with the updated netcode client.. the game feels choppier than before.

Paul676

Just so people know, NullpoMino 7.6 is out in svn nightly build stage - but it does have dig race race and line race race, so it's definitely worth the download.
               Tetris Belts!

pumpupthejam

Quote from: Paul676
Just so people know, NullpoMino 7.6 is out in svn nightly build stage - but it does have dig race race and line race race, so it's definitely worth the download.

I'm not seeing this on the website, can you give a link please?

What are the changes that have been made anyway?

Paradox

http://nullpo.it.cx/svn.php

NOT the official nullpo release by the way. You will have to run a server to play on it.

How to host a nullpomino server:
1. forward port 9200    (tutorial http://portforward.com/)

2.Go to your nullpo folder and find netserver.bat, then run it. It should say listening in on port 9200 or something. Keep it open because it means your server is up.

3. go to whatismyip.com and find out what your IP is

4. Go to nullpo netplay and add the server. The format is like this "xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9200" (without quotes, x represents your ip address)

5. Join the server, and others may do so as well if they are using the same client version as you.

6. Order breadsticks from PizzHut to celebrate.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

pumpupthejam

Thank you, Paradox

kartncrazy

Hello im new here .... i kinda have this problem on nullpomino it have a black background and it shows Start,options,netplay,exit... and whenever i move the picture stacked up and i cant play on it
[edit] its fix now ....

Wojtek

because some people reports problems with nullpo.it.cx i have set new nulpomino server:
nullpomino.tk
this is only for tests now, but if there is use for it i will leave it pernamently.

don't forget about other alternative server:
argi.dip.jp
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

omio

Yeah, uhm... ...nullpomino web server seems to no longer be up - it's now a generic Apache page. =P

nullnoname

Hello. Sorry for long inactiveness. I had lots of trouble with my real life and still cannot get back to NullpoMino. In addition, I suddenly lost access to my Google account (pbomqlu910963@gmail.com) probably due to the increased security measure of Google. I had long random password so the account hack is unlikely, but still Google decided to delete my account. My secondly e-mail that was used for password-reset feature no longer exist (the company terminated its e-mail service in 2014) so restoring Google account is not possible (and by extension, the Google Code page cannot be updated anymore).
I'm sorry for all of this.
My new e-mail is currently kuri5678@yahoo.co.jp. You can also still contact me at tetrisconcept.net (NullNoname)

EDIT:I have some code of my abandoned project "nm9" in GitHub. Not really a playable state aside of "testbed" GUI. Please feel free to fork it.