Hello Guv'nahs

Started by isJolTz, November 10, 2013, 01:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isJolTz

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin but I refer to myself on forums and internet things in three different ways:

Eagleye893 (or just Eagleye): This was the name I used for smash back when I played that hard-core for a long time
isJolTz: I created this name randomly freshman year of college and it sorta stuck. This is an arrangement of all the possible tetris block letters and I thought it was witty back then. Other variations are other "isJ" things, like "isJust."
areCynic: I came up with this one recently because I am very cynical about certain things, including myself at times, and seek to find improvements wherever possible by analyzing everything in the most nit-picky manner.

I've been playing Tetris for a while, although only primarily on facebooks' tetris battle and I've been looking for ways to get better, so I googled and WALLAH! Also, tetris battle on facebook is dumb because it lags too much, I can't customize keys, and it restricts time I could spend practicing different things unless I go into the shop part and play by myself with no indication of score or whatever... IDUNNO! I'm just looking for better places and avenues through which I can play this addicting game.

I started playing tetris at a relatively young age because my mom and grandma always loved those types of puzzle games. The first actual tetris game I got serious with was the Tetris game on the iPhone/iPod Touch; in high-school, I would find nights where I'm done with all my homework lying in bed playing tetris because sleeping is hard. It's obnoxious at times to swipe and tap to turn, but I got used to it pretty quickly and it's one of my favorite ways to pass time.

Other than that, I'm currently a junior in college at university of Illinois studying electrical engineering and enjoying it a lot.

Two questions I have alongside this introduction:

Are there any Tetris games that are easy to acquire for Mac? I hate having to use the internet to play.

I currently use a mix of combos and tetris' to get lines sent, but I would like to learn more about incorporating T-spins in my game. Can anyone help guide me in the right direction for that?

Thanks all, hope to get more incorporated in this community!

EDIT: Also, I'm ranked 108 in tetris battle on facebook, but I don't feel it's that much of an accomplishment until I learn more. I use bombs a bit more than I want to. :'(
I saw people post saying things of "tetris friends," but I'm not sure exactly what that is. Is it the same thing?

Katatoniopeth

Welcome to HD!

Tetrisfriends is a website that hosts online tetris (www.tetrisfriends.com) It is a lot of fun, and you can login with facebook if you don't feel like making an account, they have an arena mode just like on tb, with all kinds of stuff (items, no items, maps, no maps) My TF sn is Katatoniapeth, hope to see ya there!

As far as non internet games, you can download nullpomino, it is  free, full customization, it has a netplay mode but there are tons of offline modes it is awesome  

http://nullpo.it.cx/ you can download it there, and it is Mac compatible!

Also, I am not the greatest at Tetris but I can show you some t spin setups and ways to improve your t-spinning ability if you want, just ask!