anime recommendations

Started by oofw, July 04, 2013, 03:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladtheImpala

In that case, watch anohana (pretty sad, but quite cathartic and not depressing imo), kara no kyoukai (really pretty, quite confusing, somewhat gory, very fun), Spice and Wolf (slice of life/fantasy, great dialogue, likeable characters), and Cross Game (Sports/slice of life/romance, slow buildup, very satisfying).

ohitsstef

ATTACK ON TITAN!!! aka SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

has someone said it yet? idk but it's sooo good i loveeeeeeee it. shizi and i cruised through 13 episodes in 1 day. HEHEHEHE there are 15 so far. i'm waiting some more so i can have a mini marathon

giggless

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Shingeki-no-Kyojin

and

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://s2.zerochan.net/Shingeki.no.Kyojin.full.1495341.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://s2.zerochan.net/Shingeki.no.Kyojin.full.1495341.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

if you're into cute anime Chi's Sweet Home is super duper cute and adorable

if you watch the fan english dub
i will kill you

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

ManOfMiracles

I don't know much about anime and whatnot but do you guys know of a good martial arts based anime?
Preferably characters with special powers and stuff.
MiracleMan

VladtheImpala

Steph, have you seen the SnK OP parodies. They're incredible.

As for martial arts stuff, Hajime no Ippo I hear is good. For more supernatural stuff, YuYu Hakusho.

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: VladtheImpala
As for martial arts stuff, Hajime no Ippo I hear is good. For more supernatural stuff, YuYu Hakusho.
It's funny cuz I've seen hajime no ippo in the past before and I remember hating it.

However I just recently got into Yuyu Hakusho, it's different from what I was looking for but at least it's really good so far.
MiracleMan

Katatoniopeth

Quote from: ManOfMiracles
I don't know much about anime and whatnot but do you guys know of a good martial arts based anime?
Preferably characters with special powers and stuff.

Fatal Fury Series (1,2 and the motion picture)

Street Fighter Series

Dragon Ball Z (I guess, haha)

Fist of the North Star

Maken Ki

Medaka Box

Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and Hajime no Ippo (both don't quite fall under the ki blasting type of animes, but still overdue it a little bit, but they are probably the best in the genre, so I had to include it)

There ya have it, You should find enjoyment in at least one of those.

Edit: Give Hajime no Ippo a chance, it doesn't really pick up until like the 6th or 7th episode, (action wise anyways) and the character development is also pretty good.

ohitsstef

Quote from: VladtheImpala
Steph, have you seen the SnK OP parodies. They're incredible.

lol no i haven't ~ link me? plz?  

as for martial arts anime - ranma 1/2 is super popular back in the old days cuz i'm so old nowww

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: Katatoniopeth
Edit: Give Hajime no Ippo a chance, it doesn't really pick up until like the 6th or 7th episode, (action wise anyways) and the character development is also pretty good.
Welp I already made a decision, I have to finish yuyu before I start another series.

But fist of the north star actually looks pretty ridiculous. I'll probably watch that one afterwards.

I love dragon ball z.
MiracleMan

baseballboy4296

I'm with steph on Shingeki no Kyojin.
WATCH IT.

VladtheImpala

Watch Nichijou, it's pretty funny.

qwerty098765

Plastic-nee san good for short breaks. The whole thing ends in 30 minutes.
DotDotDot
[/color]

unpronuncyashun2

Quote from: oofw

watching this , its about schoolgirls who have special powers and one of them is one of the 7 "level 5s" and can control electricity. yes its predictable but its AWESOMELY predictable in all the right ways!!

Lol, if you recommend A Certain Scientific Railgun ( とã,ã,‹ç§'学のè¶...電磁砲) you should definitely also recommend the parent series A Certain Magical Index (とã,ã,‹é­"è¡"の禁書目録)

How has Serial Experiments Lain not been recommended yet!? Or am I just being a '90sfag? Seriously though, watch it. Also, Ano Natsu de Matteru (Waiting in the Summer), and Darker Than Black. Which are all very different series, lol.