Do you Guys Know How To Fix Lag In Tetris Arena?

Started by PuyoUltimate, July 14, 2018, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuyoUltimate

Hello This Is My First Post On The Hard Drop Community But First Let Me Introduce Myself Im PuyoUltimate Im Really Good Puyo Player And Tetris Player (But I Perfer Puyo IMO)

I Just want to know if there is any a solutions to reduce lag in Tetris Arena Because whenever time I Play it the game always runs slow and Its Not My Pc Because I Have A Advance Computer If there is any solution to make Tetris Arena Faster And More Comfortable To Play Please Reply To See If there is any Solution

Okey_Dokey

Tetris Friends is a flash game and it runs at 40 frames per second. So it's laggy by nature. People here use Minimal Tetris Friends browser extension. It eliminates all advertisements, waiting time and downscales the graphics. You may have to disable your addblocker on Tetris Friends site to make it work.

PuyoUltimate

Quote from: Okey_Dokey
Tetris Friends is a flash game and it runs at 40 frames per second. So it's laggy by nature. People here use Minimal Tetris Friends browser extension. It eliminates all advertisements, waiting time and downscales the graphics. You may have to disable your addblocker on Tetris Friends site to make it work.

Yeah i did have the extension its still kind of laggy also i removed my adblocker and its still kind of laggy hoe much do you can downscale the graphics?

Okey_Dokey

Oops with downscale, I rather meant downgrade the graphics. Minimal Tetris Friends sets Flash quality to Low among others. There's also a downscale option but I would leave it at 1 because Tetris Friends looks really bad otherwise. You could try clearing the browser cache, that helps a little to reduce the lag in my experience. Or maybe try both Chrome and Firefox to see which works better. In case of Firefox, you could also try this Timer Tool with the timer set to around 2 miliseconds (for a little explanation see this post).

PuyoUltimate

Oops with downscale, I rather meant downgrade the graphics. Minimal Tetris Friends sets Flash quality to Low among others. There's also a downscale option but I would leave it at 1 because Tetris Friends looks really bad otherwise. You could try clearing the browser cache, that helps a little to reduce the lag in my experience. Or maybe try both Chrome and Firefox to see which works better. In case of Firefox, you could also try this Timer Tool with the timer set to around 2 miliseconds (for a little explanation see this post).

So All I Have To Do Is Clear My Search History For The Lag To Reduce If its the solution i will try it out

PuyoUltimate

I actually want to ask which browser do you use to play Tetris Arena With and if you use Chrome Or Firefox Which One Do you perfer for a better experience i hope you reply to my comment soon

Okey_Dokey

Chrome was superior to the old Firefox regarding flash games. However, the new Firefox Quantum is on a level with Chrome from my experience. I think Firefox Quantum is even a little better. I haven't played that much Tetris Friends since then though. Also note that Tetris Friends becomes more and more laggy, the longer your session is going (so if possible close and reopen TF Arena from time to time). Again, I have not enough experience to say which browser works better in case of long sessions.

PuyoUltimate

Chrome was superior to the old Firefox regarding flash games. However, the new Firefox Quantum is on a level with Chrome from my experience. I think Firefox Quantum is even a little better. I haven't played that much Tetris Friends since then though. Also note that Tetris Friends becomes more and more laggy, the longer your session is going (so if possible close and reopen TF Arena from time to time). Again, I have not enough experience to say which browser works better in case of long sessions.

Oh ok thanks for your help then i will figure it out sooner or later and i hope the developers and the team of tetris arena can fix the lag as soon as possible

Okey_Dokey

The developers will not fix anything. The game says "beta" in a few placed but in fact Tetris Friends hasn't been touched in many years. It's the same situation with Tetris Battle on Facebook where lag and incompleteness is even a bigger problem (The Tetris company fired a lot of workers some years ago, so its games are just maintained). The development of Flash player by Adobe will stop at the end of 2020, and Flash games will die a few years later (remember when Java applets died because internet browsers decided to create security hurdles users had to circumvent).

PuyoUltimate

The developers will not fix anything. The game says "beta" in a few placed but in fact Tetris Friends hasn't been touched in many years. It's the same situation with Tetris Battle on Facebook where lag and incompleteness is even a bigger problem (The Tetris company fired a lot of workers some years ago, so its games are just maintained). The development of Flash player by Adobe will stop at the end of 2020, and Flash games will die a few years later (remember when Java applets died because internet browsers decided to create security hurdles users had to circumvent).

Oh ok thanks for letting me know its kind of sad becuase during middle school flash games is what i play at technology class all the time the memories