Weight lifting

Started by XaeL, February 08, 2013, 01:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agamemnon

I 'lift'..
and swim
and run

I hate how people focus on 'how much' they do in various forms; I find that half of people don't do any one of the exercises right no matter what, and also various drills give you completely different weight-levels depending on your stance and grip...

Myself, I quit doing squats and leg-press when I realized that my thighs wouldn't fit into jeans anymore if they got bigger.. Think I max around 700lbs in leg-press.
Incline dumbbell press instead of flat bench, because I wrecked my shoulders some years ago and the balance is still off (never go OCD on learning things like air-flares, that will make you hurt!) and a lot of body-resistance drills to avoid getting injuries, because I'm an old man with a background of fucking myself up.

But yeah, when you realize you even find your food recipes on bodybuilding.com, I guess you can't deny that you lift...

SecretSalander

Quote from: Agamemnon
I 'lift'..
and swim
and run

I hate how people focus on 'how much' they do in various forms; I find that half of people don't do any one of the exercises right no matter what, and also various drills give you completely different weight-levels depending on your stance and grip...

Myself, I quit doing squats and leg-press when I realized that my thighs wouldn't fit into jeans anymore if they got bigger.. Think I max around 700lbs in leg-press.
Incline dumbbell press instead of flat bench, because I wrecked my shoulders some years ago and the balance is still off (never go OCD on learning things like air-flares, that will make you hurt!) and a lot of body-resistance drills to avoid getting injuries, because I'm an old man with a background of fucking myself up.

But yeah, when you realize you even find your food recipes on bodybuilding.com, I guess you can't deny that you lift...
YOU CAN AIRFLARE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/
40 line sprint in Nullpomino: 32.88

XaeL

Quote from: SecretSalander
He's got an 8 pack :O

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Agamemnon

Quote from: SecretSalander
Afraid I can't, my shoulders broke before I got control of that stuff....
I can do a bunch of other tricks, but not that!
Quote from: XaeL
He's got an 8 pack :O
It's not all about the bench and the squats, ya know!

XaeL

Quote from: Agamemnon
Afraid I can't, my shoulders broke before I got control of that stuff....
I can do a bunch of other tricks, but not that!

It's not all about the bench and the squats, ya know!
Whats the actual secret to that shit?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Agamemnon

Quote from: XaeL
Whats the actual secret to that shit?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/abdominal-...id=facetraining
^^Good start.
Personally I like to do vertical and horizontal leg raises and knee raises.
My oblique drills are not for the faint of heart, and I can't even explain them properly without showing. They were just my adjustment of a drill some UFC champ calls 'wreck my core'.
No matter what, though, the key to sick abs is low body fat percentage. I'm 'lucky' there cause I can't gain body fat no matter how hard I try - to such an extent that I pretty much avoid doing cardio because it burns fat. (Granted, I don't consider runs under 10km cardio, and I don't consider swimming that either - in both cases because I think it's fun and fun stuff ain't cardio!)

ManOfMiracles

So xeal are you ripped now?
MiracleMan