More Tetris Zone Help Needed

Started by pumpupthejam, September 09, 2011, 01:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpupthejam

Well guys, I've been playing Tetris Zone for a few days now and I've got a few high scores.  I am called "bingefeller" and am 3rd on the Marathon and 8th on the Challenge mode.  

My question is - how is this thylacine getting such a high score in challenge mode?  He has managed to get 1913 lines cleared in 10 minutes, which is over double the amount of the person in second place.  Is this even possible?

Ravendarksky

They will *Probably* just be cheating

pumpupthejam

Quote from: Ravendarksky
They will *Probably* just be cheating

I thought so.  You think he's using some kind of AI?

Paul676

1913 lines in 10 minutes=191 lines per minute...
               Tetris Belts!

pumpupthejam

Quote from: Paul676
1913 lines in 10 minutes=191 lines per minute...

When I saw it like that I really lol'd.  That's like clearing 3 lines per second, it'd be impossible to drop and clear that fast.

Alexsweden

The lines are counted not as the amount of lines you really clear but how much they account for. So a T-spin counts as 18 lines or something if its back to back - watch a replay and see how they count the lines towards different levels. I have sent 1391 lines which would have been ~2 lines a second and I know I wasnt that fast really.  You can also see the replay of him playing if you click "watch" and then "all time" so its absolutley legit i would say, they just count the lines sent in a weird way.

He was one of my first idols when it comes to tetris so dont discredit him in any way!

The reason as to why he has such a high score is that he is really good at ST stacking but first and foremost used to the slow gameplay so he can play quickly eventhough its soo slooow.