Tetris Academy for Beginners

Started by Noogy, January 05, 2011, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HERO_KID

noogy!! i want in.. i recently started playing tetris friends when i was on vacation with no xbox with me.. i got to level 18, which in platinum arena i seemed to struggle against the other players.. my 40 line time is 1:05.xx for tetris friends... my strategy and understanding of the game are pretty good i know 2 wide, 3 wide, not very good 4 wide.. tspins, ive got the imperial and back to back down.. but my speed is terrible on pc.. im not very good with the keyboard... i usually play on xbox.. suggestions? just more play time? thankful for all advice...

also, i dont have ANY friends on TF ive just been playin whoever.. anyone like to play?? ill add you =] im an easy victory lol.

Quote from: Alexsweden
ahh, yeah thats true

i still wouldnt mind a st stacking tutorial.. i understand the principle... a 2 wide well.. send the s or z to the side upright, and it sets tspins up if you leave a gap every 2 spaces.. but ive tried.. and i wouldnt say im great at it.. i ask because i saw the ultra records on tetris friends and they were all doin it..

perfectclear

Quote from: HERO_KID

i still wouldnt mind a st stacking tutorial.. i understand the principle... a 2 wide well.. send the s or z to the side upright, and it sets tspins up if you leave a gap every 2 spaces.. but ive tried.. and i wouldnt say im great at it.. i ask because i saw the ultra records on tetris friends and they were all doin it..

its a 3 wide well with notches  and there is one person who doesnt st stack on the records. BLINK! crazy kid.

pawnzo

Noogy

i replaced the academy with a guide you can read here

also, there is a skype chatroom we have running where you can ask questions, just add my sn (ubernoogy) and let me know you are interested in joining the chat

pmets

Quote from: Noogy
ella guru and Proof, I have sent you both PMs regarding how to contact me. I look forward to our first meetings!

Breaker, are you able to get under a 2 minute sprint time? (i ask because you are only rank 9)
I only have this rule up here because there is somewhat of a steep learning curve between the average gold player and the average bronze/silver player, and the only thing i could recommend for those players is lots of practice to get the fundamentals down. sorry about that!
Hey, I sent you a quick PM.  I'd love for you to train me if you still have room