Visual Guide to SRS Twists

Started by myndzi, August 11, 2011, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myndzi

Well, my other thread got me thinking, and I decided to do some fumens to demonstrate SRS twists. Since the kick table affects pieces differently depending on orientation and rotation, and many of the table kicks are invalid in various cases, the simplest way to learn SRS kicks is trial and error, or memorization / recognition of situations. To that end, I hope to provide some specific diagrams that should cover all the major use cases and some esoteric ones besides.

If I've made any mistakes, please correct me. I also welcome additional diagrams that I may have missed. Nullpo 180s are not welcome in this thread [yet], though I may eventually diagram the complete mild 180 table - I may still have them saved somewhere.

In each of these diagrams, the gray blocks are irrelevant. I've added them to show common situations, emphasize the ending location of the piece, or illustrate some bizarre possibilities. I try to start with the most useful ones and work my way out to whatever I can come up with. Red blocks are a primary obstacle, yellow secondary, and green (when applicable) is tertiary. This means that if there is a green block, that kick is highly restricted and as such the piece needs to be blocked in multiple places for the kick to succeed.

In some cases I have indicated multiple red blocks to show alternate ways to block the primary rotation that achieve the same results.

To kick things off, the L piece is the simplest. L and J are mirror images and behave the same, so this should cover the  first 2/5 pieces to be diagrammed.

[fumen]110@5cB3ZilbA3hbYiG3gbQpYiA3wbZiibZigbB3QpYigb?A30lgbYiQpA3hbYiB3hbYiB3gbD3gbC3qbZijbZigbA3QpY?ihbA30lgbYiQphbYiC3hbYiA3pbAYi7cpUmbZinbYigboUx?bpUibpUjboUjboUhbZiibZiibYijbYitbpUjbpUqbZijbZi?rbAgb9bB3hbA3kbA3ibG3gbYigbH3YigbH3ZiO3gbBAnbAA?qUGAoUwNA3hbYigb0lA3gbYihbA3QpYihbA3QpYihbB3Zig?bA3gb4GoUB3gbssB3wNgbKwhbKwBAoUDAoUCAlbYijbYigb?B3gbYigb0lA3wNpUgbA3wNEYYioUQpYikboUJwqbAgbIcai?mbYioUoboUobpUJcoUjboUgbYihboUgbYiibZijbYihbpUA?coUjboUjboUkbZijbYiiboUibYisbAgbzb0lgbYiibA30lg?bYi5GYigbAAgbA3aigboUYiIwBAgbBAwNgboUB3BAgbAAib?AAgbA3BAgbBAibB3BAjbUKHAibYimbaiibD3kzgbQpgbAAg?bA3gbMRgbA3gbA3IwAAwNgbQphbQppUIwBAkbB3gbBAibA3?IAgbC3jbD3gbQpYijbYiB3Zi4GAAgbZiEYgbQppUYiAAwNo?UYioUgbQpIwA3gbBAoUsbAgb1boUlbrUjbqUgbYikbYiibY?ikbYiibZijbZi2boUmbqUnbYikbZihbYiobZiibpUAcYigb?oUibYijbpUhbpUibZikbYi0bAgbzbMRkbAAMRnbAAibAAoU?wNAAhbAAoUgbwNAAoUBAhbAAoUCApUAAhbAApUEAhbDAMRu?bG3jbBAgb8eoUQpAAibpUhboUgbAAhbYioUkb4GhbYiQp8e?hb4GwNAAhbAA3boUkbpUibZihbZijboUwNhbYigboUjbAAv?bAgbKdZihbYilbYihbYijbpUkboUhboUjboU8bYikbZiibp?UhbpUjbYiiboUgbYi0bAgb[/fumen]

And, a simple diagram demonstrating what I'll call the "minimal spin form" - which should illustrate situations that give you maximum attack for your placement and the ways you can create that placement. They will consist of a piece-shaped gap and red marks for possible blocking options to warrant an immobile allspin.

[fumen]110@YeQpjbC3ibG3gbF3pbqTIMeoUobYigbwNQplbpU4b6?8cWewNhbwNlbB3obBAtb6Bd3dQpobQpwbC3gbF3ibAAgbA3?obA3tby2c3dwNobwNQpXcS3c[/fumen]