Tetris Grandmaster Movement

Started by iljain, June 11, 2011, 08:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iljain

Sorry if it's I too lazy or my lack of skills in English reading, the question is here:
   How does Tetris Grandmaster games move the pieces? I mean it seems they don't tap but hold? I've seen that most viewed Tetris Grandmaster video in youtube, the insanely fast and invisible one.

And do people just tap? I know Blink holds keys to play, but what about others? In Tetrisfriends multiplayer mode, I could beat Blink by chances like almost 50%, but I just got owned by Heboris Mai in facebook tetris 2 p mode, 10 wins or less for me, 37 wins for Mai(All my winning games Mai starts at least height of 2 garbages. Could anybody answer me?

meow

TGM games use a joystick where the controls are: up for sonic drop (does not lock) and down for soft drop (locks upon touching the field). Repeated tapping on a joystick is slower than on a keyboard, which is why you see a lot of zangi/circular motion moves performed by TGM players.

For example:
To move a piece to the leftmost column, hold left then move the joystick to up and then down.
To move to the second leftmost column, you use a 270/zangi move, hold left, then up, right, and down.
To move a piece left one spot, move the joystick left, then down, sort of like the opposite of a hadouken.
To move a piece left two positions, move left, up, left, down. This is better than tapping left, left, up, down.

Note: I'm a joystick noob.

Playing on a keyboard, you can use repeated taps or holds depending on which is faster for you. Search up some of the finesse threads on the forum.

iljain

Thank you. I didn't know how to PM you... everytime I try to type in the "message box" then send message, it just didn't work...I think I used to know how...

I remember you in Tetrinet2, I was Ibeatmyself in that.

XaeL

Quote from: iljain
Sorry if it's I too lazy or my lack of skills in English reading, the question is here:
   How does Tetris Grandmaster games move the pieces? I mean it seems they don't tap but hold? I've seen that most viewed Tetris Grandmaster video in youtube, the insanely fast and invisible one.

And do people just tap? I know Blink holds keys to play, but what about others? In Tetrisfriends multiplayer mode, I could beat Blink by chances like almost 50%, but I just got owned by Heboris Mai in facebook tetris 2 p mode, 10 wins or less for me, 37 wins for Mai(All my winning games Mai starts at least height of 2 garbages. Could anybody answer me?
Those are replays you are vsing. I suggest that you play a realtime game such as "Tetris Friends arena"

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

iljain

OMG that's sad enough. I didn't know 2 p player mode was also recorded games. I was angry with a player and thought that was him and I just want to beat him to make him outta the game.

perfectclear

no, no, the 37 and 10 were live matches. if you challlenge from within 2p it is live. i can guarantee those were because hebo stopped playing with me, saying he had a "reservation", and then you two started playing.

iljain

Quote from: perfectclear
no, no, the 37 and 10 were live matches. if you challlenge from within 2p it is live. i can guarantee those were because hebo stopped playing with me, saying he had a "reservation", and then you two started playing.

haha...I am talking about the 2p in Tetrisfriends where I met Blink.

perfectclear

ohhhh, yeah thats never live. only arena is live on main-site xD sorry for hijacking this thread a bit- i hope you find the answer to your movement question.