hi from Hawaii

Started by DarthDuck, May 29, 2011, 06:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthDuck

I almost didn't post because I'm scared of most of you and your unholy Sprint records, but here's my story.

I saw Caffeine's signature and didn't know what smurfing was so I looked it up. I thought it was a funny concept and couldn't help myself, so I made a character called DarthSmurf, then DarthDucktape and DarthReichkreuz. I was just using them try stuff in the tetris wiki though and wasn't trying, but if I saw a troll I would step it up    

I've been obsessing on TetrisFriends for about 3 months solid, and can't help but notice exactly how good some of the capped grandmasters are. I can only Sprint in about 1:25 and many of you can do that about three times faster. I was five in 1989 when Tetris came out and have that childhood connection, so I wonder if I study and sustain interest in Tetris that I could find myself coming up with numbers like that. As far as Arena, I float around rank 18 if I'm lucky and have to try very hard to send 60 lines. I am willing to do anything to learn how to send 100+ consistently.

Anyway, my main game plan in Tetris is just to do as many tspin triples as possible. I'll even try triples in Sprint lol. In my stats I get many more tspins than tetrises but I also get crushed by just about every 4-wide player. But considering that I am very slow at Sprint, I'm blaming my losses to combo players on my lack of speed, hoping that if I keep opening with triples every game that one day I'll be able to make them in like 10 seconds and that they'll actually work. Right now it takes me about 20-30 seconds to execute btb triples.

I have NEVER seen anyone consistently open with triples. Is there anyone else out there with that goal lol?

I'm also just now getting used to the J-block covered by a tst kicker. It's easier to set up than an Imperial Cross and is much less messy than the typical tspin triple. Anyway don't hesitate to bounce ideas off of me or say hi. I might be a smurf but I'm not a troll. I'm also very interested in Tetris!
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Pikiwedia

Oh, nice introduction ^^ Welcome to harddrop, hope you'll enjoy it here~

There's mostly nice people here, you should however watch out for this guy named Blink, he's pretty scary
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

Anonymous

i have a confession to make...

i have played tetris for more than two years, and i still don't know how to set up t-spin triples.  

i wish i was kidding.

Anyways, enough threadjacking. welcome to the club!
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

Blink

Welcome to HD!  massi4h just posted this 34 T-Spin triple start yesterday, you might enjoy it:

DarthDuck

Thanks for the welcome. And I will definitely be using that video as a model for Marathon and Ultra! (and deleveling in Arena)
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

jkwon23