Question Mark confirms his existence!

Started by Question_Mark, January 13, 2011, 05:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question_Mark

Hello, all. Question Mark here, but if that's too bothersome call me QM.
I'm the typical teenager playing Tetris. Except I spam Perfect Clears a lot. That's how I'm different.
I also love doing mathematical calculations about it. I have one Perfect Clear calculation that's been going on for about 2 weeks, haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. :rolls eyes:
I hope the failed smileys aren't against the rules. I tend to do them a lot.

Well, anyways, I wish to be a useful component of the Hard Drop Community. In particular I use the Playing Forever method to an intuitive level--I regularly do about 45 TPM with no conscious effort, but I max out around 85. I think it might be the optimal method for sending Garbage, although not quite the optimal KIND of garbage.
Am I rambling? I do that a lot. Sorry!

Hope I can be an effective member and play my part in the betterment of the HD Community!

Cordially,
Question Mark

coolmaninsano

?

But anyways, if you like calculating perfect clears, check out Noogy's perfect clear problem of the day.

Also I do PC openings a lot, then get the 10 lines sent right back to me ;/

Question_Mark

Sweet, the BBC code works the same way on these forums as with the other forums I've used!
Quote from: coolmaninsano
?
That works even better.
Quote from: coolmaninsano
But anyways, if you like calculating perfect clears, check out Noogy's perfect clear problem of the day.

Also I do PC openings a lot, then get the 10 lines sent right back to me ;/

I was referring in particular to Playing Forever, in which the perfect clear is less of an opener and more of a...finishing move. But at the beginning I am able to quickly fire off 6 B2B Tetrises and occasional Tetris-B2B Tetris combos.

And when I said PC Calculations, I actually meant probability calculations on Perfect Clears. I'd offer to show my progress but it'd probably exceed the character limit! I have, however, calculated many probabilities (did you know that the probability of being able to hold ...I...J... and turn it into ...J...I... is exactly 1/3?)
Okay, I'm going to stop hijacking my own thread...this stuff doesn't belong in an introductions forums anymore!

caffeine

Quote from: Question_Mark
I'd offer to show my progress but it'd probably exceed the character limit! I have, however, calculated many probabilities (did you know that the probability of being able to hold ...I...J... and turn it into ...J...I... is exactly 1/3?)

You can try saving it as a text file, and then uploading it as an attachment to your post. And no, I didn't know that.

Paradox

the playing forever method isn't optimal for multiplayer because it doesn't allow you to downstack through garbage.

It is fun to do though  maybe we can 1v1 each other using it.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Blink

Welcome question mark!  Don't forget to post those calculations when you're done with them, I'm sure some members are curious to see them.

jemm_4

Welcome ?  You should try Blockbox, NullpoMino, and TOJ since that's what most people that are "new" to HD mostly do... ^_^
"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle