Yay! a shoutout for HD from TF!

Started by Blink, July 30, 2010, 11:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

lol everyone who read that shoutout from TF will come here and read all the anti TF posts

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Jupiter_Joe

Shizi

nice!
i think your response was hilarious "OMG!!!" ahaha

shawn_t

Glad you noticed. Whether you guys like Tetris Friends or not, you are still a part of the Tetris community and we appreciate your love of perhaps the greatest game of all time!

Consider it a little "Thank you!" from Tetris Friends Online Games and Tetris Online, Inc.
My favorite free Tetris flash game.
Shawn T at Tetris Friends

Blink

Quote from: shawn_t
Glad you noticed. Whether you guys like Tetris Friends or not, you are still a part of the Tetris community and we appreciate your love of perhaps the greatest game of all time!

Consider it a little "Thank you!" from Tetris Friends Online Games and Tetris Online, Inc.

Thanks Shawn, we appreciate it!  There are players here who dislike Tetris Friends but there are also very many players here who love TF, each player has their own preferences but as you said we're all fans of Tetris.  Looking forward to your next updates on TF, is there anything you can tell us about what might be coming soon?

chopin

Thanks, Shawn! As with everything, there are improvements to be made - but regardless - you guys rock. Thanks for the hard work.

Hypofreakk

XaeL

Thanks shawn, i personally hate TF, however everytime an improvement comes out i play it a bit more. One day maybe i shall convert over to the TF side of tetris.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

meow

Quote from: Blink
Thanks Shawn, we appreciate it!  There are players here who dislike Tetris Friends but there are also very many players here who love TF, each player has their own preferences but as you said we're all fans of Tetris.  Looking forward to your next updates on TF, is there anything you can tell us about what might be coming soon?

a lawsuit?  

just kidding. i don't think the people working on tf have anything to do with the bullying of developers over perhaps the greatest game of all time. it's those big shots who like to shower their lawyers with money to maintain a monopoly over 'their' game instead of simply improving it and pissing off their fans that i hate. mr henk rogers, i hope that is not you.

i appreciate the effort the tf devs are putting in as of late.

Spirale

Quote from: meow
a lawsuit?  

just kidding. i don't think the people working on tf have anything to do with the bullying of developers over perhaps the greatest game of all time. it's those big shots who like to shower their lawyers with money to maintain a monopoly over 'their' game instead of simply improving it and pissing off their fans that i hate. mr henk rogers, i hope that is not you.

i appreciate the effort the tf devs are putting in as of late.

The thing is, I think it is very hard to make money with tetris now that thousands of clones have been written and given out for free. But I think it is the wrong tactic to threaten developpers of clones. You just have to deliver a better product and people will follow. So far Tetris Friends is pretty good. I think the TrialPay thing is a good idea too. There are improvements I would still like to see discussed in that other thread.

tepples

Quote from: holdnext
"fo* * **rfect" doesn't make any sense.
It's a Scunthorpe error for "foR A PErfect" (NSFW). Or would "foSEX UAL ASSAULTfect" have been better?

Quote from: Spirale
But I think it is the wrong tactic to threaten developpers of clones. You just have to deliver a better product and people will follow.
I agree. But it stings especially hard when TTC and licensees threaten not only developers of clones but people who make videos that point out such threats.

What I'd recommend: Don't forget about keeping the single-player experience robust. For one thing, make it not trivial to bot.

jemm_4

"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

holdnext

Quote from: tepples
It's a Scunthorpe error for "foR A PErfect" (NSFW). Or would "foSEX UAL ASSAULTfect" have been better?
See http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2914 why you can't say "for a perfect" on TF chat.

virulent

my favorite part is that your name is in pink ^^

n when i see those announcements nowadays i don't read them :[
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]