IRS/IHS in nullpo

Started by XaeL, June 25, 2011, 07:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

If i hold down [rotate left] and spam [harddrop] how come all the pieces dont spawn rotated? how do i /fix this?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Magnanimous

What rule are you using? You can try using the rule editor to add IRS/IHS. StandardZero doesn't have them, iirc.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Zircean

IRS doesn't work when there are no delays for it to work in (i.e. no ARE/line clear).
[div align=\\\"CENTER\\\"]Dev Blog | | Google Code[/div]

Caithness

I feel like IRS fails on me about 20% of the time when I'm using a Classic rule.

It's the primary reason I don't think of Nullpo as the ideal TGM clone.

XaeL

Quote from: Zircean
IRS doesn't work when there are no delays for it to work in (i.e. no ARE/line clear).
Don't you think this is a bug...

I remember kitaru saying the "correct" implementation of irs involves pieces being rotated on spawn as long as the rotate key is held down (regardeless of ARE/Line clear). Unless of course it is correct and i'm a noob and misquoted.

Edit: i changed are/lineclear to 1 frame as well as turning IHS/IRS on in rule editor.. I can't just hold it down once for multiple pieces i have to press on each piece...

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Magnanimous

All of the games with IRS have ARE anyway(?), so it's just not part of the definition. I don't see why they can't change it though, we make up enough as it is.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

myndzi

Be sure you don't have "Can't use initial rotate again until release button" checked in your rule. I just tested what you said you did on a new installation of nullpo with Classic3 and every piece IRS'ed in practice mode with 5 are.

This actually makes me think - what happens if NP skips the IRS frame? (isn't running at 60fps) Maybe that's what's happening too all our TGM pros in HDTL?

XaeL

Quote from: myndzi
Be sure you don't have "Can't use initial rotate again until release button" checked in your rule. I just tested what you said you did on a new installation of nullpo with Classic3 and every piece IRS'ed in practice mode with 5 are.

This actually makes me think - what happens if NP skips the IRS frame? (isn't running at 60fps) Maybe that's what's happening too all our TGM pros in HDTL?
ok thanks for confirming it works for *someone* i shall try mucking around with my settings

did you hold down rotate once and mash harddrop, or did you have to press rotate between each piece? (i want to be able to just hold rotate once and mash harddrop and everypiece should spawn rotated)

EDIT: ok it works.. i think i had to set spawn to 1 frame instead of -1...