So,

Started by larrytetris, August 17, 2010, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrytetris

So,
Most of you already have talked to me a bit, I just never got around to doing this. So here we go

I'm Larry. I'm 16, and I'm starting my junior year at Interlake High School in Bellevue, WA. I'm in the gifted program, which means that all of my classes are AP/IB, and during school, I have crapload of homework. Math is my favorite subject, and I think I can safely say I'm pretty good at it. I'm a robotics hobbyist, and I participate in FIRST robotics and VEX robotics competitions. I plan on majoring in accounting, computer science/engineering, robotics, or information technology.

I have a twin sister who's decent at Tetris but doesn't enjoy it as much as going on manga/anime hours-long marathons.

In terms of Tetris background, my parents forced me against my will to play The Next Tetris on Playstation 1 when I was 6 or 7 for the sake of stimulating cognitive activity and development (    ). Luckily they did, because now I'm hooked  That makes about 9 or 10 years of Tetris.

After that I noticed facebook TF, and naturally I migrated to tetrisfriends.com. I also picked up with the tetris community after meeting Kevin Birrell (KevinDDR) doing robotics and Kenneth Truong doing math competitions. I was on TetrisConcept prior to HD, and now here I am.

Wow, kudos if you read all of that
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

crzy242

☠  crzy242

DAS44

So,
Quote from: larrytetrisfor the sake of stimulating cognitive activity and development (    ).
That's... er.. interesting.

Thats not so long Larry.

I_AM_SAND

hey tetris friend.

wow, how did you meet kevin during robotics?

NoManual

sweet  I also liked math alot, when I was about your age. But at collage... meeh, not so much anymore
40L = 28.71
My Blog

larrytetris

Quote from: I_AM_SAND
hey tetris friend.

wow, how did you meet kevin during robotics?

Went to Redmond HS to use the practice field they had set up, saw a guy playing tetris really well, asked him his name. xD
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

ManOfMiracles

Hello, nice to meet you.
MiracleMan

Noogy

you can major in robotics?!!??!

Paul676

Nice. I like clever people. Makes me feel good about playing tetris.
               Tetris Belts!

kdbar

9 years of playing? pft, why aren't you godly?

ohitsstef

lol @ kdbar

hi larry

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Maii04

Quote from: kdbar
9 years of playing? pft, why aren't you godly?

LMFAO.. hi larry, if u played 9 yrs, why arent u blink level?

larrytetris

I was reluctant about it early on, and glitchy PS1 controllers are quite different from keyboards...

And also, no spins or anything are awarded on The Next Tetris. It's also a cascade version, so I think I could kick some [hohum   ] with cascades. Not to mention I was like 7 and never realized the game could be so complex

Hello MoM, don't think I've talked to you at all before C:
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di