'Solving' Tetris Classic... A Challenge!

Started by Ravendarksky, June 17, 2010, 09:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravendarksky

So today I've been messing around with 'Solving Classic map'.

I'm scoring my attempts based on the number of gaps left in the starting 5 rows, with a score of -1 being given for each one.

I'm also tempted to score -1 for any Tetris square above the 5 line mark (or maybe above the 7 line mark) depending on if this generates any interest or not.

Feel free to test your twist abilities and knowledge to beat the records

Annoyingly the only real way to attempt this is to play maps multiplayer and make a private room and play in practice mode. Unless someone wants to provide me with a better method?

To get people started off here are three of my favourite starts:
[fumen]105@/dQpibkzmbIwib0lssmb8ehbQpjbYimbkzjbIwsbZi?xJAJoo2AzOEXEUBAAA7eBMvqJAaoo2AzOEXEUBAAAy1qTAM?oo2AzOEXE0oo2Al8EtAFr4AA[/fumen]

Edit:
***STANDARD GAME RULES***
1 - You must use a proper bag Ie you must place one of each piece before using a second peice of any type
2 - You may hold one piece
***ADVANCED GAME RULES***
3. You may not place a block in the top two squares on the far right, This is to prevent clearing the top two lines to make reaching the bottom ones easier.
4. You may not place blocks more than 4 lines above the top of the stack, thus giving you 9 lines to play with.

**GAME SCORING***
-1 for every square left unfilled
-1 for any square above the 9 lines of play
+20 for a perfect clear
+10 for clearing the bottom line first
+5 for clearing the second bottom line first
+2 for clearing the third bottom line first

My best Adv rules game:
[fumen]105@/dQpibkzmbIwib0lssmb8ehbQpjbYimbkzjbIwsbAo?UWAjCcaEzeQTASoFeDwoo2AQg8yEsoBAA7eK2PPCAtZAAAS?LPAAnQBDGBN3OZAUzrTAS46SASI/MEtOZyDFbcfEQ2vvAOA?AAAZMPCAtcAAA88OAA8SBqSPCAtiAAAPEPCANkAAA5OPgAN?078AQDkaE0oo2AFKHNESP98AwsrTAS41dDS2vvA[/fumen]
SCORE: -8

The current best Standard rules game (Congrats Meow):
[fumen]105@/dQpibkzmbIwib0lssmb8ehbQpjbYimbkzjbIwsbpW?I7eJFUBnSBGRBifBDVBHdBmbBjiBhlBAAA[/fumen]
SCORE: +20

Feel free to suggest rule changes  Not sure I've thought this out fully yet.

meow

[fumen]105@/dQpibkzmbIwib0lssmb8ehbQpjbYimbkzjbIwsb9R?I7eMBTBuxcWXBvrcnQBNfBOAd2lBBbB6iBDjBlhBAAA[/fumen]

used the T a lot

iphys

Paul676

yeah I don't think I'll beat that one.
               Tetris Belts!

Ravendarksky

..... Feels like cheating =P That's no bag I've ever seen and clearing the lines top down kinda defeats the point. It's about spinning the pieces down in an interesting fashion.

Still A Winnar is you I guess.

Plus zero notches above the line after completion =)  Very nice

meow

another version with more spinning!

[fumen]105@/dQpibkzmbIwib0lssmb8ehbQpjbYimbkzjbIwsb9R?I7eQBTBuxcWXBvrcnQBP8cXBd3hBM7cUgBmbBOfBu9cGjBs?9c0iBAAA[/fumen]

Noogy

just throw in a bunch of extra j's eh?

meow

okay this is the best i've come up with

lot of doubles, but it's all for the back to back twists  

[fumen]105@/dQpibkzmbIwib0lssmb8ehbQpjbYimbkzjbIwsbHk?j7eYvhqCADTBAA32cP3cX3cP8cXBd3RPFAyeh1DUBAAA6uq?AASoBu1cW7c26cOfBvrc3QB9ZBBTBuxcWXBmbBs4c0dBM7c?UgBAAA[/fumen]

Paul676

surely that too is an impossible bag- do the rules say that the pieces must form a possible bag or just any pieces are allowed?
               Tetris Belts!

meow

yea i didnt notice this was a TF thing lol. i was trying to use as many twists as possible.

this solution works with a bag randomizer if you hold the red piece

[fumen]105@/dQpibkzmbIwib0lssmb8ehbQpjbYimbkzjbIwsbpW?I7eJFUBnSBGRBifBDVBHdBmbBjiBhlBAAA[/fumen]

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

iphys

I think all the TF maps are included in TPD too, and TPD does reward J/L and S/Z twists, so it would be handy to do twist lineclears on this map.

zaphod77

That map was actually taken from the arcade atari tetris.  That game doesn't use bag, though. It uses memoryless, and a weird twist system.

I think it may be possible to add this map to nullpomino for practice.

Ravendarksky

Quote from: meow
yea i didnt notice this was a TF thing lol. i was trying to use as many twists as possible.

this solution works with a bag randomizer if you hold the red piece

Me likey! A complete solution with proper bag and nothing left over! =O

I like your green twist in the previous solution too, I'll maybe have another go later with it.

Can someone let me know if this map gets added to nullpomino? Hate having to restart lots to play around on TF.

Maybe time for me to start my own tetris clone... They say every programmer has to make one at some point