Any fun & great multiplayer tetris game?

Started by Sozu, December 21, 2010, 06:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sozu

I've been playing a game named blockwars which is located on a swedish gaming site, sadly this site is going down this year so it wont be able to play this game anymore.
So instead i started with tetrisfriends as i tried before.
But i wonder if there's any funnier and better tetris multiplayer game than tetrisfriends?

I've heard of some asian game here before? But it was so weird language that I don't even understand.
Are there any thread with massive of online tetris multiplayer games that i may have missed?
or someone who can write some sites here that are great/fun?

Wojtek

here are most popular games: http://spock.ii.uni.wroc.pl/~wojtek/

actually i checked what exactly blockwars is and i think Multrinet is something pretty much close, and it's quite good, but sadly nobody plays it.

blockles would be pretty good replacement too, but it was closed while ago.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

ohitsstef

Quote from: Wojtek
here are most popular games: http://spock.ii.uni.wroc.pl/~wojtek/

i like your little captions underneath each game
how is toj for beginners and nullpomino for experts?

@sozu try playing blockbox.. it has a lot of good single player modes.. and multiplayer is fun  possibly the fairest multiplayer game right now. just saying.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Wojtek

i feel that toj is good games for beginners because it's very user friendly and some newcomers may enjoy it better than nullpomino. beginner/expert it's not about tetris skill, it's more about user overal expierience.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Sozu

Okay
I started to download TOJ but i stopped it.. I may try it later.

However, I was just testing BlockBox, it was pretty good expect that:
- There was no one there playing
- I'm confused what block is next (i'm in some way notice the new blocks that popups which is on 3rd place, and then i think that's the next one and I got really confused), does it work to justify this so i just see 1?
- I can't change the controls (when i press any button it instead write in the chat..)

[edit]
I just tried NullpoMino, and my computer can't handle it. When i dropped down 2 rows I got insane lag, I think it was because of the particle effect.

Ravendarksky

Quote from: Sozu
Okay
I started to download TOJ but i stopped it.. I may try it later.

However, I was just testing BlockBox, it was pretty good expect that:
- There was no one there playing
- I'm confused what block is next (i'm in some way notice the new blocks that popups which is on 3rd place, and then i think that's the next one and I got really confused), does it work to justify this so i just see 1?
- I can't change the controls (when i press any button it instead write in the chat..)

[edit]
I just tried NullpoMino, and my computer can't handle it. When i dropped down 2 rows I got insane lag, I think it was because of the particle effect.

I have issues with the Blockbox controls too... Harddrop and softdrop seem to randomly change. There are people playing blockbox but not very often... Also the UI is not very user friendly.

As for the Nullpomino... did you run play_slick.bat?
Try going into Config -> General Options -> Show Line Effect: X

I would suggest TOJ as it has the most people playing... However Nullpomino is the best when people are on it.

Paradox

did blockwars close down yet? I want to try it
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Pikiwedia

Quote from: Paradox
did blockwars close down yet? I want to try it

It closes on December 31. Visit blip.se and you'll find blockwars there (on the start-page under "Spelväljaren" on the right side). There's a guestroom (Gästrum) you can use to play if you don't wanna make a user.

About blockwars; it has slow DAS, no double-rotation and you can't customize the controls, nor the DAS. Up is for rotate, and space for hard-drop.

Everything is on Swedish as you may notice ^^ So if you have any questions, let me know!

Edit: There's some lag too at times, but not like TF.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

Boingloing

on your site it says tf is "recommended for retards"

g u r l g a m e r