blockbox suggestions plz

Started by ohitsstef, March 01, 2010, 07:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohitsstef

So I've been playing blockbox for a few months now and my goal at first was to get 30 apm and 50 lpm (AT LEAST)

After playing a few days on TOJ and returning back to BB I noticed my LPM shot up to 50 and apm sank down < 18.

current stats - apm 31 tpm 121 lpm 45 (I had a good day)

give me some suggestions on gameplay for vs to improve stats - thankkss ~

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

MzSlowmo

ohitsstef

thats not a good game plan, sheena! lol

Paul676

If you want high apm, then just tetris, and don't downstack unless absolutely necessary so you can tetris more
               Tetris Belts!

clincher

Use your previews and hold to plan what you're gonna do next, don't just clear singles when you downstack and
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]keeep playing ho.[/quote]  
It's all about the love

ohitsstef

Quote from: Paul676
If you want high apm, then just tetris, and don't downstack unless absolutely necessary so you can tetris more

well yeah i could just tetris the poop out of people, but i want to have... even stats? i think that's how you say it. like a good apm and lpm. nothing too high over the other one.

i used to have 50 lpm and 15 apm.. and that wasn't good. lpm too high apm too low

meow

your apm is fine for that speed, lpm is low though. you're probably stacking over too many holes while trying to add. pay attention to the garbage more while stacking!

ohitsstef

@meow yeah i most def want to have a higher apm with those stats
good point, i need to stop stacking over holes

must make eyes open bigger!

jujube

i think the mustache is obstructing your view. it might have to go.

ohitsstef

Quote from: jujube
i think the mustache is obstructing your view. it might have to go.

i like the stache, jujube  don't hate cause you dont have any there

Anonymous

Sometimes, you have a triple built up, which you could easily make into a tetris with 1-2 pieces without covering the next hole, but instead you get triple and then a single.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

ohitsstef

Quote from: Anonymous
Sometimes, you have a triple built up, which you could easily make into a tetris with 1-2 pieces without covering the next hole, but instead you get triple and then a single.

hmmm yeah.. i always feel rushed on bb like i don't have time before the opponent rapes me in the butt with garbage