WANTED: personal tetris trainer

Started by virulent, December 14, 2009, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow

another thumbs up for TOJ!

yukiljuin, please tell us how to do it if you succeed

YukiIjuin

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee182/LilithMists/TOJSTATRESET.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee182/LilithMists/TOJSTATRESET.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

How foolish of I to think that they would let you reset your stat with mere FREE Tetris Points.

They want Gacha coins, ten of them in fact. That would set you back about 10 dollars as they are around a dollar a piece. *Despair*

solo2001

The key to success with tetris sprint in two words:

PLAY. ALOT.

the rest comes naturally, there's no mystical secret or strategy to becoming faster.
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

Anonymous

Quote from: virulent
i think for bb i don't have the optimal das for myself ;[ and there's some weird delay if i accidentally hold one button down too long while pushing another button the 2nd button's action isn't activated >O it's quite aggravating..for instance i press the hold key to get the piece that's been on hold n then i move it right after n then drop it but since i held the hold button down a split second too long, into my right button, it skips the right movement n goes straight to dropping it in the center T.T;; boo to bb! :[[

You are probably using 4 way rotation on blockbox. Go to the controls tab, and go to advanced options. And change "©Besturingsmethode" to "READY?" to change it to 8 way. Then you should be able to hold left/right and drop pieces at the same time.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

DraKKiE

i can totally be your trainer, i seriously am the best tetris trainer there is available!  have your assistant call my assistant and we can work something out.
Xbox Live: dj stanz
AOL Instant Messenger: djstanny

virulent

Quote from: solo2001
The key to success with tetris sprint in two words:

PLAY. ALOT.

the rest comes naturally, there's no mystical secret or strategy to becoming faster.

this is probably the only advice i know for a fact will work lol but i don't like sprint/single games much so we'll see if i actually go through with that T.T;

drakkie - really? or is that sarcasm O.O
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Trance

Quote from: XaeL
Tnet is speed capped at 60tpm. (tetrifast removes this)

I think what you need is to increase you're "rhythm".

Try and play slightly faster than you're safety speed, in a safe environment. You need to play single player for this to work tho. You don't want to download any clients but you probably want LockJaw marathon. It's good, It forces you to play faster after around 150 lines, and stack completely straight, with 20G after 200 lines.
Also about Blockbox feeling weird, its a Java issue. Unlike a dedicated program, java is highly inefficient, and lags alot during garbage collection of variables etc.  If you have an old computer u will feel said lag. My 2005 P4 couldnt play blockbox for crap, until i changed the gfx card out, but even then i still spiked.
Wow, i has 52*2.5 = 130. Yay

Also TOJ is gay, the Hexagon is made of your average (a far better approach would be average of 100). The inherent problem with this is that if you get better after 2 months of playing, even if u tripled your speed it would take another year before the hexagon adjusted to ur true speed.

You're a 52 LPM'er on TOJ?

What's your screenie? You're faster than I am yet I don't think I've ever seen you around/played you.

virulent

dude my LPM on toj is maybe 26? which comes out to be 65 tpm T.T that can't be right ;[ i go 50 on tnet which caps at 60!

bb says my tpm is 110.3 O.O that's gotta be wrong. my 40L says 119. maybe cause i suicide sometimes when i play 40L? i can suicide much faster than i play? lol
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Anonymous

bb says my tpm is 110.3 O.O that's gotta be wrong. my 40L says 119. maybe cause i suicide sometimes when i play 40L? i can suicide much faster than i play? lol

40 lines doesn't affect your tpm unless you actually finish games. =)
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

XaeL

Quote from: Trance
You're a 52 LPM'er on TOJ?

What's your screenie? You're faster than I am yet I don't think I've ever seen you around/played you.

look up finesse, i played like 20 games on that with like, level 2 das T_T and sh** line clear delay, i think its got like at least 49+LPM

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

myndzi

i think for bb i don't have the optimal das for myself ;[ and there's some weird delay if i accidentally hold one button down too long while pushing another button the 2nd button's action isn't activated >O it's quite aggravating..for instance i press the hold key to get the piece that's been on hold n then i move it right after n then drop it but since i held the hold button down a split second too long, into my right button, it skips the right movement n goes straight to dropping it in the center T.T;; boo to bb! :[[

This can be a keyboard or a settings problem. One thing about BB's keyboard handling is it tries to emulate a joystick (which I find is inherently silly). I don't like 8-way because of other problems it induces, but there is a third choice: "modded mame" which basically takes a last-keypress-wins approach, which is I think what you want.

If that doesn't fix your problem, it may be your keyboard circuitry. Certain keys on any keyboard do not work in conjunction with each other, but usually it requires 3 or more keys held at the same time to have an effect.

As for TOJ and TPM, LPM * 2.5 is not really accurate. LPM is just how many lines you cleared, and you don't necessarily clear one line for every 2.5 blocks you drop. You can clear more lines than blocks in some circumstances, and less lines than 2.5 per block in others. Multiplying by your LPM will really only get you in the ballpark, so BB's measurement of 110 is likely a lot more accurate. Why is it so far from the TOJ ballpark? Maybe you overstack a lot? If you die with a lot of pieces built up, that'd lead to dropping a lot of pieces that don't go towards increasing your LPM...