Shocking Report about TF Live Garbage System

Started by Corrosive, September 24, 2009, 06:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrosive

So I have been whooping people on TF Live until I play this guy "lost." He beats me the first game by being a tspin whore but the next two games I overwhelm him w/ tetrises. It goes back and forth the next couple games until the last one where I literally sent him about 6 tetrises in one game w/ him sending little to anything at all and still killing me.

He explained in the main lobby how the garbage system is built in where if you beat your opponent bad the first few games, the difficulty of your garbage will be a lot harder. Has something to do with your "session score." If you have a high session score then that means you are going to get really hard garbage the next game. Apparently it is this way so that noobs have a easier chance at winning and so that no one can get completely raped even though I've managed to beat people about 10 games in a row. This guy was telling me that the secret is to lose the first couple games then talk trash at ur opponent to get them mad, then whoop them once you have easy garbage. WTF?? He said this is how it is because it is a casual gaming place.

He said Blink told him about this. Anyway its all more rigged and bs than I thought. As if winning against tspin whores isnt enough, I have to put up w/ this whack garbage system now. Not to mention I hate the targetting system in ffa games. Lines should go to all and garbage should be fair and always the same.

Stupid TTC developers
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Shizi

this is common knowledge if you play enough

Corrosive

How the hell are there supposed to be tournaments and stuff if they keep the garbage system like that? What kind of strategy is losing the first two or three just so you can get easy garbage? I still don't fully understand it. Its still bs though.

I want

LINES TO ALL
FAIR CONSTANT GARBAGE
NO TARGETTING
TETRISES AND B2B TETRISES SHOULD ADD MORE THAN ANY T-SPIN

DAMNIT!
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

Shizi

cant even play 1v1
its a retarded system. hopefully its only for casual and not for ranked when it comes out

Corrosive

Out of all you people and those that are Tetris Concept members why is caffeine the only one that is/was part of the TTC development team for Tetris Friends?? We have to somehow express our discontent. Experts should have their own lobby or something where they can have custom DAS and lines are sent to all and there is no bullshit garbage system, etc.

Its not our fault for having high standards just because we play solidly-made fan-based clones that are years ahead of anything TTC has created for PC. Ya'll have to become a part of their development team somehow.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

SpawN

Quote from: Corrosive
How the hell are there supposed to be tournaments and stuff if they keep the garbage system like that? What kind of strategy is losing the first two or three just so you can get easy garbage? I still don't fully understand it. Its still bs though.

I want

LINES TO ALL
FAIR CONSTANT GARBAGE
NO TARGETTING
TETRISES AND B2B TETRISES SHOULD ADD MORE THAN ANY T-SPIN

DAMNIT!

I agree with all four. Targeting is  unfair. The garbage is not fair also. The T-spin should only be used as a strategic move to escape from a difficult situation, but using a t-spin for an attack... it's just breaking the whole game.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: SpawN
I agree with all four. Targeting is  unfair. The garbage is not fair also. The T-spin should only be used as a strategic move to escape from a difficult situation, but using a t-spin for an attack... it's just breaking the whole game.

I second that, T-Spins are too over-powered
OFF-TOPIC WARNING: And so is TF's chat censor...

What TTC should do is recognize ALL twists, no matter which Tetrimino is used, give us the Immobile algorhitm...algoritm...algorithm...GAH! I can't spell it! And reduce the twist's garbage power, it'll send 1 additional line if it clears a line
Example: A J-Spin Double would send 2 garbage lines, 1 for the double clear & 1 for the twist
If the twist doesn't clear a line, it doesn't send any garbage lines

Corrosive

their chat sensor could be more strict than it is, you can still get away with using @ as a's and $ as s's. which i like of course

but yeah like ill be talking crap in a no items free-for-all match, and then they get mad and when the target is on me i get like 15 lines from everyone waiting to gang rape me. total crap.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

GoldPlatedDish

What I meant by 'TF's chat censor is too over-powered', is that it has admin-like priviledges, it's only a machine that serches for certain strings of letters, ignoring punctuation and symbols, and blocking innocent chitchat (I got warned for 'saltwater taffies', guess where the *'s would be)
It's scary

WARNING! THE POST'S AUTHOR IS IMAGINING THINGS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I mean, what if it takes a mind of its own and develops Skynet-like attributes? (Terminator reference)
And creates robots designed to mute people on the street? A reign of silence, that's what it would be.

m__

no worries on the dynamic garbage system.

It's obvious if you win like 5 or 6 in a row.  I posted the question "Is the garbage dynamic"  on the TF forum and this is the response:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
Good catch! The answer is: Yes, the garbage is dynamic. This feature will only be present in the "Social Rooms" and not in the upcoming "Ranked Rooms".

Losing many games in a row is a very bad experience for some users so this tries to give them a little bit of an edge if they continue to lose.

As to your point of it becoming "unplayable", this isn't the case. You just have to think of a slightly different strategy when presented with single slot garbage. Try chaining together some combos or even setting up some t-spin doubles![/quote]

caffeine

I'm glad someone's still got some fight in them. I've officially given up on TTC after Facebook Tetris.  

EnFuego

Wait until the ranked mode comes out before you start bitching about the game system. It is still in beta. Not that I am defending TTC, just it would be unfair to complain about a game in beta.

And if you have complaints with TTC organize a mass e-mail/twitter spam. If you do that they atleast give you a reason for them being fail

m__

Quote from: EnFuego
Wait until the ranked mode comes out before you start bitching about the game system. It is still in beta.

correct, TF has indicated the dynamic garbage will only exist in the social rooms.

Blink

Quote from: m__
correct, TF has indicated the dynamic garbage will only exist in the social rooms.

yeah, and this isn't really a shocking report like the thread title says, it's more like old news.  If you would read the "an update from tetris friends" thread Corrosive, you'd know that the dynamic garbage has been discovered for weeks already, and is already planned to be removed in Ranked mode.