Arrogance in Tetris

Started by hurtchow, September 15, 2009, 07:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jujube

would putting autoshift delay and shift rate values in the url count as hacking?

nismo

I was messing around with tman this morning.. they're on level 19 now lol.  I don't have a problem with the person, they've never said anything to me :s  We went back and forth until I started to try harder and I went on a 5 game win streak and they left =/

meow

Quote from: virulent
lol i know who you're talkin about. i think he's funny

this tman09 guy on tf..needs a good humbling. if anyone ever sees him i give full permission to beat him to the ground and then smack talk him :] i'm not confident enough to do any smack talking T.T

i don't like when no one in particular is winning n some noob comes in thinkin everyone's targeting him. likelihood is: no one's targeting you. you just suck. n saying this will just make me actually target you.

i agree w/ mszhang. when i'm losing more than i think i should be i get angry ;x

actually...i have tons of pet peeves o.o;

tman09, i think i beat him every time when i played on TF before... i suggest closing TF to play TOJ when TF pisses you off. the casual rooms in TF aren't worth it.

Blink

I hate it when you're beating somebody and they act all nice to you, but after they beat you they start talking mad trash.  It's like I wasn't talking trash when I was beating you, but now you're going to talk trash on me?  drives me crazy i say!

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: Blink
I hate it when you're beating somebody and they act all nice to you, but after they beat you they start talking mad trash.  It's like I wasn't talking trash when I was beating you, but now you're going to talk trash on me?  drives me crazy i say!

Reminds me of this guy who showered people with feces-related words that I won't repeat here when he lost on TF
Now THIS guy is crazy!

Red_Star

It depends on my mood, but usually I find trash talk hilarious. Especially when it is bad players, but even good players make it funny. Maybe I have a weird sense of humor. I take trash talk as part of the sport. A sign of their passion. Naturally some can take it too far, but it can be in good fun.

Try trash talking using lines like "I just dropped that block like I would drop you in real life, in a fight that is, because I am a very muscular fellow." or "I have ascertained that your abilities are inadequate by the way you are not winning." or "I am the John Tran of Tetris!"
Play Cultris

Monte

Red Star has the right idea. Trash talk makes things hype as long as people keep things in perspective. However, it seems like the people that play tetris aren't really open to it and take it too personally. in other games that has a more "urban" player base people trash talk all the time while they play. I love to hear some good creative trash talk and even when I'm the subject of it I find it funny. I also use it to hype myself up and motivate myself to put the other player in their place.
Monte: you scared of the rookie of the year
Digital: sigh, I'm soooo scared
Digital: *digital pees in his pants*

Rosti_LFC

Creative trash talk is fine, but just swearing at someone and putting their ability down is nothing other than disrespectful, and I don't see how it's a good thing in any way. It's also by far more common than the creative stuff.

What's wrong with politeness and respect towards your opponent?

hurtchow

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Creative trash talk is fine, but just swearing at someone and putting their ability down is nothing other than disrespectful, and I don't see how it's a good thing in any way. It's also by far more common than the creative stuff.

What's wrong with politeness and respect towards your opponent?

Oh it's a relief to see someone finally said this. I was beginning to feel crazy.
Tetris DS Friend Code: 485942 003301
My Music: http://www.myspace.com/bettergangway

mzhang

Quote from: Blink

LOL that is hilarious

virulent

i neglected to add that i have not actually seen tman09 play. but i have def *heard* his jibber jabber a few times n my lil sis was annoyed with him

1 [or 2 or 3 or 4] of my friends on tnet are like ":o! *shock* wth happened?!" when i win like 5 games in a row n then lose 1 -.- it makes me either want to win next time i see them [kill them first] or leave cause they're expecting too much. no one's perfect! leave me be :[
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

zaphod77

There are three major types of trash talk.

There's friendly trash talk.  This is rather common when friends play against each other.  No one is really trying to hurt anyones feelings, they are just trying ot be funny.  This is entertaining.

Then there's trying to disrupt someone elses game by trash talking.  This is also very common when people are playing against each other in fighting games. Someone loosing will try to unsettle the winner.  This is not very sportsmanlike, but can be effective if you are good at it.

And then there's just plain disrespect, which is what many of you seem to be noticing.