Allow guest posting?

Started by Blink, August 06, 2009, 10:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

should we allow guests to post on the forums?

"Yes"
9 (32.1%)
"No"
19 (67.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Caithness

I'm also of the opinion that allowing guests to post will lead to more people eventually registering than would have otherwise.  I can imagine someone reading a discussion thread, having something useful to contribute, and being willing to post once as a guest but not maybe not willing to go through the registration process just yet.  But once this person becomes part of the conversation, they will start checking back more and more to see what others have to say about their input, and eventually will see no reason not to register.

Plus, if the same meaures are put in place that prevent bots from registering accounts, I don't really see spam posts being a problem either.

hienwa

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
If registering still has multiple steps, then I think everything which is mandatory should be in step one, and then everything which is optional in the other steps, so that it makes things easier to follow, and allows people to get registered first and foremost, and then care about setting up their location and profile and stuff.
Yes, it has been like this since the start. Steps 2, 3, and 4 are optional. Only fields required is in the first step.

Edit: I removed 2 fields from the sign up and made what was required in bigger font.
http://www.freetoplay.org - for free online games and MMOs!

Blink

Poll result is No, thread is closed.