Important for all HD members

Started by Blink, November 05, 2009, 12:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

so after a few e-mails with TF staff, the server connect issue for most members is fixed now, it was just a server issue they had.  But the staff at TF did tell me something.  Here it is, if anybody ignores this they're on their own.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]As for the going onto the dev server, could you and the HD community refrain from trying to access it? We respect the HD community and its opinions but please allow us to work on the products without interferences. Any hacking to the dev servers will only delay what we are trying to do.

Thank you.

-Tetris Online Customer Support

[/quote]

You've now been warned.  If an HD member is found to still be messing with dev servers and they decide to ban you or something, you will be on your own.

GoldPlatedDish

Can you 'sticky' this info? I feel it's awfully important that the community knows

solo2001

very informative, the rubies weren't that great anyways
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

Boingloing

wait, so we can't go on it or we just can't hack it? or is getting on it hacking it?

g u r l g a m e r

XaeL

Quote from: Boingloing
wait, so we can't go on it or we just can't hack it? or is getting on it hacking it?

DO NOT ACCESS DEV SERVER AT ALL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

computerguy99

uhh the dev server? the Tetris Friends site? so I have to leave HD to go to TetrisFriends? this is a tough decision..............................................
Also, that is unfair.
Computerguy99
コンピュータおたく99

solo2001

the dev server was a "secret" site for tetris friends developers, it had a bunch of their new features they we're working on (plus LIVE when the regular TF was down)

don't leave HD or TF!
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

EnFuego

Before they didn't have a password protection. So it is not hacking if it is a free to use site. But recently they made it required that you insert a username and password before going on the dev server; so now it would be considered hacking.

Tetris online support looks like a giant tool. That e-mail "warning" sounded like something you would tell a 5 year old when trying to get them to stop. They shouldn't complain when the dev server was just an alternate URL. We wouldn't have this issue if they did the common sense thing and set up a password from the start.

mzhang

lol dang i didn't know there was a dev site.

azn_papirus

ro ro fight the powah, sorry, i am agreeing with fuego
What a cloudy day!
No ees not ._.

xlro

thanks blink, for posting that message
but it's quite funny anyhow, that they would setup a development server right out in the open, directly accessible from the internet (and then at first without a password), thats just crazy (and frankly their own fault if ppl find out the address, it was even listed in google).
such a server is something that belongs in a coporate network behind firewalls only - if they need ppl from outside to access it, use a VPN ffs
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: computerguy99
so I have to leave HD to go to TetrisFriends?
Way to totally miss the point of the request.